Best place for oil drain hose LD9 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Best place for oil drain hose LD9
Thursday, June 30, 2005 1:49 PM
Hey guys where is the best place to put my oil return line on my 2002 Z24 Cavalier? It has the 2.4 dohc and a manual transmission. I am installing a turbo on it during next week while im on vacation. Please describe and post pics if you have them.

Re: Best place for oil drain hose LD9
Thursday, June 30, 2005 3:12 PM
The back of the block.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 3:58 PM
as high up in the oil pan as you can get , or the block like his ^^^ is if you have the motor out of the car

Thursday, June 30, 2005 6:03 PM
^ Nice piece of work Skilz!

DCStang - if you're not intending to pull the engine - here's another option for you. The pan can be pulled fairly easily with the engine in the car. The pan can be tapped high (toward upper flange rail) in the first flat section (between casting ribs) right after the pan goes from shallow to deep, on the back (firewall) side of the pan. This location stays clear of the hard water tube that runs under and up the backside of the oil pan (it would be just to the right of that pipe toward the front of the engine) and places the drain fitting as high in the pan as possible while also keeping it clear of the balance shaft/oil pump assembly in the center part of the pan. I tried to post a picture of our no-weld oil pan tap location from the instructions for our 2.4L turbo kit, but obviously I am "technically challenged" and couldn't get it posted here! Hope this helps anyway.
- Leo (Cavalier Connection)
Thursday, June 30, 2005 6:12 PM
Leo-

You can email me the pictures and whatever you wanted posted, I can host and post them for you when I get to work. beyerr@msoe.edu

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, June 30, 2005 7:03 PM
Shifted - will do - thanks!! - Leo
Thursday, June 30, 2005 7:25 PM
Here's the pic (all the ones you sent me were various sizes of the same pic)

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, June 30, 2005 7:54 PM

Friday, July 01, 2005 6:50 AM
any other suggestions? or dissagreements with the three listed above?

Friday, July 01, 2005 7:52 AM
I like Shilz. his is the first I have seen on the block nice job!!!! Tmine is in the oil pan, but might switch it when motor is out.

FU Tuning

Friday, July 01, 2005 8:11 AM
could the plug in the block next to shiltz return be used as a return? I know the coolant tube is blocking it but would it be possibla to use a 45 degree elbow to get by it?

Friday, July 01, 2005 8:59 AM
that is main oil pressure where that plug is

mine is the same place as in the pic leo posted , but mine is up higher , i had to notch the pan rail , but i wanted mine up as high as possible

Saturday, July 02, 2005 4:09 PM
How did you guys tap the hole you drilled? I am having no luck finding a tap big enough

Saturday, July 02, 2005 5:22 PM
i got mine at home depot

Sunday, July 03, 2005 5:11 AM
I went to home depot and looked for a half hour in the plumbing dept and the tool dept. then i asked a moron that works there and got "what is that?"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search