2.4 gm supercharger kit - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4 gm supercharger kit
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 9:06 PM
Does any one else have this kit on a quad 4 and have you had any issues? I have this kit on a 2000 olds alero and have a problem with getting oil in my intake just before the throttle body. My car only has 29,000 mi on it and bought it brand new and never had any issues until now. Help please.

Re: 2.4 gm supercharger kit
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 9:10 PM
Quad 4 = OBD1
LD9 = OBD2.

as far as i know, the GM reflash will not work with that PCM, nor will the LD9 PCM work with a Quad 4 motor.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 9:12 PM
Spotabee Racing wrote:Quad 4 = OBD1
LD9 = OBD2.

as far as i know, the GM reflash will not work with that PCM, nor will the LD9 PCM work with a Quad 4 motor.

He's talking about a 2000 olds alero, its not a quad 4 but many think it is, and he already has it installed....

Way to read through the post

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 9:19 PM
eh my bad, totally went right past that. I saw Quad 4 and though pre-LD9 2.3. My bad. I award myself ZERO help points.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 9:30 PM
i get some oil in that part your talking about... nothing to much though... kind of catches tiny tiny dust particles... i just whipe it out from time to time...

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 8:35 AM
Even the stock expansion box over the TB gets oil in it. It comes from that vent tube attached to the back of it. That tube relocates to the part that attaches to the right of the TB when the SC is installed.

Do you have oil pooling, or is the stuff just slick? If it's slick, that's normal. Don't worry about it.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 9:10 AM
Spotabee Racing wrote:Quad 4 = OBD1
LD9 = OBD2.

Read is post again. The 2.4 is still a Quad4, just not the orginal.

I would disconnect the vent tube from your intake. Stock 2.4's will do that.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 9:51 PM
When I took off the intake I rubbed it with my finger and had oil on it (it was visible)
Is that still normal? If not I have the charger off if there is anything I can correct.
Thanks again.
Thursday, June 30, 2005 12:35 PM
ive got the kit for sale used, i put my car back to stock cuz i gave it to my sis cuz im moving to europe.if you wanna save a couple grand then here is your chance

Vortech s/c Z24 ~ 13.82 @ 104.52 mph boosted at 6psi
Thursday, June 30, 2005 12:42 PM
It's normal. Only way to avoid it is to install a catch-can like some turbo guys use. Comes from the PCV baffle assembly. Disconnecting it will get you in trouble with the smog police (here in Canada at least).

Thursday, June 30, 2005 3:29 PM
Junior had this on his car and had a quad 4 so it can be done , just that you need to use other means of fuel management

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search