Turbo Kits - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbo Kits
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 10:01 PM
Which Turbo kit is fast hHan or CC or Other and which one is the most powerful I heard that the ecotec engine is capable of 1,100 hp is this right and if so How do I get it. Im utting that motor into my 97 cavalier which is running on a 2.2L with Weapon R intake Weapon R headers and maganaflow 2.5 Exhaust cat back with no cat

Re: Turbo Kits
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 10:05 PM
Also I have 2.2L which is better for Hp that or the ecotec my goal is to run 10s w/o I dont know is any Cavalie rengine can do that yet but i got 7gs to play with and a cavalier the is destined to be fast
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 10:21 PM
well as far as which makes more power i don't know? i can tell some other stuff that might help though the Hahn uses a mitsubishi turbo, Cavalier uses a Garrett turbo Hahn says that the Mitsubishi turbo spools quicker and makes more power. The ecotec block can handle a but if you want to make that power you would need to use GM's stage 2 block which has steel liners instead of aluminum. the liners are pressed in to the ecotec block which is aluminum, the stock block has alumin liners the stage 2 block has steel. if wanted to get a better idea i would buy the ecotec hand book it explain every thing you need to know a lot better then i can
there other kit besides Hahn and Cavalier connection theres www.cavalierextreme.com www.gude.com also twistec performance also if you wanted a super charger there is www.rsmracing.com and if it every gets here there is suppose to be a GM supercharger with a warranty which would make my life alot easier I hope it helps and if im wrong please correct Im here to learn
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 10:25 PM
where can i find a stage 2 ecotec block did it come in the cars off th eline?
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 10:31 PM
to me it seems www.gude.com make sthe most power claiming 100 on the turbo alone (BS?) then hann then CE and which block is best i hear dthe 2.2 shatters at 200 hp and the ecotec can hold over 1,100
Thursday, June 23, 2005 6:35 AM
Please...for the sake of your poor engine......read through as many of the posts in the boost forum that you can. Then go to howstuffworks.com and learn how an engine and a turbo work. Then read through the FAQ at the top of the page. Then read the mini-FAQ. Then, if you are still determined to put the time and work into an Ecotec swap and/or a turbo setup, get ahold of guys that have done this and learn as much as you can. If you build up any engine, it will hold. A stock Ecotec could break while driving down the road with no mods. The GM race engine that held that much DID have work done to it. Check out http://www.ny-jbodies.org/forum/links.asp?action=goto&id=41 for verification of this. A turbo setup will be awesome, but to make it work you are going to have to learn quite a bit more. Good luck with everything.
Thursday, June 23, 2005 10:21 PM
www.paceparts.com just type in Gm performance parts and you should find every thing from a ported head to a billet crank shaft
Thursday, June 23, 2005 11:04 PM
LOL 1,100 hp on 7g's LOL youll be lucky to run in the high 12's i would say.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search