afpr/fmu question - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
afpr/fmu question
Tuesday, June 21, 2005 4:25 PM
I have an aftermarket apfr and it hooked up to the return line, i just want to know does the apfr come before or after the fmu. dumb question but must want to hook it up right.

Re: afpr/fmu question
Tuesday, June 21, 2005 4:43 PM
So... you still have the stock FPR on there, or did you remove that?

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 4:34 PM
I have a 2200 2001, I have been using it on the return side, I didn't how to get rid of the stock fpr becuase it is attached to the fuel rail, is their a fitting or something that can be used to take it out and in line the adjustable fpr.
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 4:38 PM
*ahem* shifted how did you get your stock FPR off?

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 4:47 PM
I pulled it off

Litterally, took the fuel rail, grabbed the FPR, and pulled. At least on the 2.4's its only held on the rail by a rubber O-ring, and this metal bracket with a single screw (that also holds the fuel line on).

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 6:34 PM
I re thought what I was talking about , what if I drill the inside out of the stockfpr and put the afpr inline in front of the stock, or is the LT1 fully adjustable.
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 11:42 PM
2 things.....

You can only lower your fuel pressure as low as the stock FPR is set at...... so you either need to modify the stock one (drill it out, take out spring..... idk) or replace it. I like the Rail mount FPR's for that reason. If you want to use the LT1 style one, you need to make sure you get the right year, or the mounting tab will be on the wrong side.

The second, put the fmu AFTER the inline AFPR....... there should be NO pressure on the back side of the FMU...... if you have your AFPR there, you'll have that pressure building up after the FMU.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search