intercooler piping ?what can you use ? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
intercooler piping ?what can you use ?
Tuesday, June 21, 2005 8:21 PM
dont slam this idea just honest opinions please .lol! i have ran out of money for my car at this time but i really want to pipe my intercooler in but cant afford the nice piping .so i was wondering could you use pvc schedule 40 (gray stuff) to pipe it in and silcone connectors where it connects to the turbo and cooler ????????? it seems like it would work ?

13's or blowning it. one way or the other!

Re: intercooler piping ?what can you use ?
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 1:32 PM
I dont trust pvc... but plastic wont retain heat like metal. Would have its ups and downs. Most people will say use metal. Sorry not much help.
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 2:13 PM

Try sweating copper 2 1/4 pipe. I thought about it.!!

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 2:56 PM
2" diam should be all you really need. Go to older messages (bottom right of boost forum) and look for (or search) the topic "budget turbo" by JB. it has some info on using pvc and says it will work.
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 4:04 PM
you can do piping for under $25 with 2.5" exhaust piping from any auto parts store / exhaust shop and couplers from any hardware store.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 8:09 PM
after the intercooler it is pretty cool but off the turbo it will definetly melt it. If you still want to go plastic go to a pipe shop and get the heat specs on CPVC its way more expensive but it is pretty good pipe. Its going to see at least 1200 degrees
Thursday, June 23, 2005 3:26 PM
pcv is a good idea but he's right its way to hot for that. mendrell is expensive and i'm in the same boat as you are, just droped 2900.00 for this turbo and misc. parts not including intercooler, but exhaust shop will do it but the kinks and the krinkles and things is what I don't want at all, thats the only down fall.

**changes are here**

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search