RSM 62mm TB And GM SC - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RSM 62mm TB And GM SC
Monday, June 20, 2005 11:50 AM
Well, I traded RSM 3 intake manis, and 3 TBs for a 62MM TB and now would like to use it on the GM SC which will be here shortly. Will there have to be any modfying to it, I know Jason Hanzen runs it but not sure if it bolted right up.

http://members.cardomain.com/vertz24 1998 Z24 Convertible

Re: RSM 62mm TB And GM SC
Monday, June 20, 2005 11:59 AM
if its for the 2.4 then yes it will bolt on to the gm s/c

Monday, June 20, 2005 12:11 PM
Yep it will bolt right on to the s/c fine...only thing that the supercharger messes up is getting cold/warm air intakes...

Monday, June 20, 2005 12:20 PM
Freebs wrote:Yep it will bolt right on to the s/c fine...only thing that the supercharger messes up is getting cold/warm air intakes...

huh? explain?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Monday, June 20, 2005 12:20 PM
Really, warm or cold air intakes? How so, do you mean fitment?

Monday, June 20, 2005 12:27 PM
im guessing its because you have to fabricate 1 from a wai , or use the short ram tube(the 1 that attaches to the stock tb box)

or move the battery and make your own cai

Monday, June 20, 2005 1:04 PM
yea, I am just going to use the stock S tube and a Weapon R Dragon filter, should be fine. Man I cant wait till it gets here!

Monday, June 20, 2005 1:33 PM
do what i did, make a 90 deg elbow pointed down, get a 3" exhaust tube from like autozone or the equivlant[sp?], and rest the filter on the crossmember brace or whatever it is. its kinda a tight fit, but it works. and it helps alot. for some reason my sc would get heat soaked in no time flat and you couldnt even rest your hand on the sc, but now you can. works well imo

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Monday, June 20, 2005 3:12 PM
Well usually the cold air intake hooks up right to your throttle body.. but after you put the supercharger on the throttle body is moved to a way different location... here is a picture of my engine bay its hard to see but you get the idea... ill take pics of my custom intake once i get my car back from the shop.... but basically the new one i have is just a 90degree bend straight down from the throttle body and the filter sits behind the front bumper. And all that stock air box stuff is gone and made room for the alcohol injection tank

Monday, June 20, 2005 7:41 PM
Freebs wrote:but basically the new one i have is just a 90degree bend straight down from the throttle body and the filter sits behind the front bumper. And all that stock air box stuff is gone and made room for the alcohol injection tank

yep, just like mine lol. it works well imo

2000 Camaro V6.

Monday, June 20, 2005 7:50 PM

kinda like that

2000 Camaro V6.

Monday, June 20, 2005 8:49 PM
i heard that the 62MM TB was just a tad bit bigger than the supercharger air inlet hole, could you verify this for me when you get it?

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Monday, June 20, 2005 9:25 PM
-JaysonZ24- wrote:i heard that the 62MM TB was just a tad bit bigger than the supercharger air inlet hole, could you verify this for me when you get it?

It's true.

Monday, June 20, 2005 10:41 PM
i have that same intake set up as others. Also in my black plastic front air damn under the radiator i drilled some half inch holes so the filter sees a little more air and i also wrapped the intake tube(once a AEM ) in some DEI heat wrap.

62mm bolts right up, no modifactions and i am glad i have it.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 5:38 PM
Wild weasel is using the 62mm RSM TB with the G.M. charger

Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Stock!!!!!
Tuesday, June 21, 2005 5:52 PM
As am I.

Top end gains very noticeable, doesn't run out of steam.

Makes a bitchin' whistling sound through the intake on initial throttle tip-in too!

I need to change my intake though, I'm liking Freebs' idea about the alky tank in the fender well.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 7:02 PM
Listening......

ELIOT. Now.....boosted.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 7:53 PM
Lil Black Two Four - Thank you... i just didnt really want to runn lines to the trunk as i need all the space i can get for my goalie equipment in the winter time. So taking up space with a tank wasnt going to work... but the tank that comes with the SMC kit fits nicly where the stock air box was...

ZStreetCavSC - did you notice any difference in sound or performance when you put that intake on? even if it wont change any thing i still have to have it there but i am just wondering (since i havent driven the car yet with it like this)

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 8:36 PM
i'll be using a 59

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 4:05 AM
Chris Fontana wrote:Well, I traded RSM 3 intake manis, and 3 TBs for a 62MM TB and now would like to use it on the GM SC which will be here shortly. Will there have to be any modfying to it, I know Jason Hanzen runs it but not sure if it bolted right up.

did you talk ot craig

"forcast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius and a chance of doom"

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 4:30 AM
no kidding, if i could make that kind of a trad i would too, hell id give them some HO, or LO intakes ive got.

chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 10:47 AM
Freebs-I didnt really notice a difference, only in sound and temp. my car club peeps said that you can actually hear the sc now outside the car about 50 feet away, and it cooled down the sc alot for me.

2000 Camaro V6.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search