final checklist for my turbo - anything else? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
final checklist for my turbo - anything else?
Sunday, May 08, 2005 4:35 PM
Don't flame me because im not going custom here..... just letting you know. this is on an 05 sunfire with the ecotec, of course.

-Hahn Stage 2 Turbo Kit

-MSD DIS-2 Ignition System and all required accessories (for some timing retard... i wanted this for my nitrous anyway)

-Gauges- Wideband O2, Boost/Vac, EGT, Oil Pressure

I was mainly curious about the gauges... is there anything else i would need? fuel pressure maybe? And for true proper tuning of the system, should I maybe go with an e-manage, or an S-AFC 2, or anything? any input would be appreciated.

Re: final checklist for my turbo - anything else?
Sunday, May 08, 2005 5:06 PM
Air/Fuel unless U named it above some people call it other names and Exhaust Temp

Sunday, May 08, 2005 5:12 PM
^ Wideband O2.... Yeah, EGT's would be another thing, perhaps oil pressure...

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, May 08, 2005 5:20 PM
as far as i know i thought no one could get the dis-2 to work on an ecotec motor

Sunday, May 08, 2005 5:32 PM
Might want to get the rk motor mounts.

I am also wondering about how you are gonna get the msd to work.
Sunday, May 08, 2005 6:16 PM
cavy2fast4u wrote:as far as i know i thought no one could get the dis-2 to work on an ecotec motor

its been done before... i have all the GM wiring schematics for the car and I have a few guys who have some info on it... doing it on the ecotec is pretty much the same as the 2.4 though.

custom97sunfire wrote:Air/Fuel unless U named it above some people call it other names and Exhaust Temp

yeah... EGT is exhaust gas temp and wideband O2 is the same as air/fuel but its actually useful.

Monday, May 09, 2005 2:21 PM
anyone have any comments about an air/fuel controller like the s-AFC II? or the e-manage? do i need one of these to really tune it well?

Monday, May 09, 2005 2:56 PM
listening.....
Monday, May 09, 2005 5:36 PM
anyone?

Monday, May 09, 2005 8:13 PM
depends how much you wanna spend, safc is a joke to install and wont be all that hard to tune once you get it on the dyno. id go for it, i plan on using my fmu and then the safc for fine tuning

parting out my built and boosted 97 z24 so4x4.com/cavy.html for pics and a parts list
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search