copper head gasket sealer? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
copper head gasket sealer?
Saturday, May 07, 2005 12:12 PM
i got a 2.4l supercharger motor and the boost pushed my first fel-pro gasket out of round and the coolent leak. then i bought a sce ics copper headgasket on and use copper coat to seal it it work for about 700 mile then the coolent and oil started to mix. i heard you can use NO.2 clear silicon to seal copper headgaskets. Does anyone know if this is true? or it there another sealer?
thanks

Re: copper head gasket sealer?
Saturday, May 07, 2005 3:33 PM
I remember a not to too old post about this topic. I remember Brandon Fetter gets some info about Cometic Copper gaskets GP. SCE stop making it some time ago. Do a little search and you will find it.

ELIOT. Now.....boosted.

Saturday, May 07, 2005 3:37 PM
JBP makes it. Also I think stainless Gapless O-rings from Gasketworks be useful too.

Regards,

ELIOT. Now.....boosted.

Saturday, May 07, 2005 9:05 PM
Eliot wrote:I remember a not to too old post about this topic. I remember Brandon Fetter gets some info about Cometic Copper gaskets GP. SCE stop making it some time ago. Do a little search and you will find it.

The cometic gaskets were for mls head gaskets.

My cardomain
Sunday, May 08, 2005 6:45 AM
Eliot wrote:SCE stop making it some time ago. Do a little search and you will find it.

actually they still make it i just ordered one from them two weeks ago and another one last week. i just looking to see what people are usinf for sealent on the gasket
Sunday, May 08, 2005 10:47 AM
Thanks for the update, friends.

Regards,

ELIOT. Now.....boosted.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search