Turbo Install Diagram - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Turbo Install Diagram
Thursday, March 24, 2005 6:44 PM
the placement of the BOV really doesn't matter. 90% of cars have it after the ic.

you need to change the vacuum lines that go to the tb to the intake plenum -- it just needs to be clear that they're AFTER the tb plate, not before.

Thursday, March 24, 2005 7:20 PM
I'm a bit confused about the fuel lines. Shouldn't the feed line be the one running through the FMU and FPU so the pressure of the fuel is adjusted before it reaches the fuel rail? The way you have it on the diagram the feed line goes directly to the rail which means the rail would recieve whatever pressure the pump is capable of putting out wouldn't it? Could someone please explain why this is the way it is? Thanks!

Still cruisin stock.
Thursday, March 24, 2005 7:24 PM
No, the diagram is right. Think of it this way:

You have a garden hose. Stick a tube on the end of that and call it the fuel rail. Now, if you wanted to adjust the pressure inside the fuel rail, would you put a restriction before the rail, or after it?

If you put it before the rail, you would pressurize the hose, but not the rail. In order to pressurize the rail, you have to put a restriction after the rail, which will back up the fuel creating a pressure inside it.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, March 24, 2005 7:27 PM
Haha so simple...sometimes I just make things wayyyy to complicated. Thanks for clarifying that.

Still cruisin stock.
Thursday, March 24, 2005 10:23 PM
is this diagram the same for a 2200? because i dont remember learning anything about messing with fuel lines and stuff.

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

UNLIMITED streaming online movies
Thursday, March 24, 2005 10:28 PM
Yes, the diagram holds true for the 2200, 2.2, Eco, and 2.4. Any specific questions?

Friday, March 25, 2005 7:31 AM
well you show the fuel lines on there, are those new lines you have to run? or are those already there you just have them on there to illustrate?

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

Friday, March 25, 2005 7:41 AM
They are existing lines.

Friday, March 25, 2005 7:53 AM
what, no oil ines?
Friday, March 25, 2005 7:57 AM
LOL

Good call Um..... the return is under the turbo so you can't see it, and the feed is remote The sender beams the oil to the turbo magically

Friday, March 25, 2005 11:09 AM
Shifted (KickAzz) wrote:LOL

Good call Um..... the return is under the turbo so you can't see it, and the feed is remote The sender beams the oil to the turbo magically

hahahaha, wireless oil feed line. i'll have to use that one. next time someone ask how the oil lines are run, i'll say that, lol.

the oil feed is automagical.

Friday, March 25, 2005 11:27 AM
really where is the oil feed line hooked up to? something about the oil pressure sending unit but where is that and how do you tap into it

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

Friday, March 25, 2005 11:47 AM
I'm really not sure where it is on the 2200, on the 2.4 its between the intake and exhaust cams behind the power steering pump. On the Eco you actually take a plug out of the block.

Friday, March 25, 2005 11:58 AM
the diagram is pretty much correct for any turbo car once he moves those vacuum lineds to the plenum.
Thursday, October 06, 2005 10:28 PM
good diagram, let me ask this, does it mattr what vaccum line i use? right now my wastegate runs to a fitting on the turbo, my bov, fmu and boost guage are all tied together and going to the vac line that goes to the fuel rail, im having some fuel tapering issues under boost and i think its possibly the cause, also when i open the screw on my fmu too far it starts to vent out air and i start getting less and less vac, had it idleing at 15 kg one day.

another hting ive found is that sometimes it sounds like my bov is very quickly opening and closing under boos tin third and 4th gear, im not seeing the guage move but it sounds and feels like it, im just trying to narrow down some small bugs, so what do you guys reccomend that i tie my fmu, bov and boost guage into vacuum lie wise?

one more thing, my manual boost controller, home made type, wont let me go over 10 psi, ive got a 5.5 psi spring in an internal gate, any ideas what could be causing my problem?

one lat thing, im running an adjustable fmu, i figured it would make more sense for utning, my buddy says it looks like venoms unit but the guy i baught it from has an ati supercharger kit on his transam, my understanding is its basically a procharger i believe, what way would i turn the screw to get more nad less fuel? ive got it opened up about a turn now but i wanna play around with it a bit more befor ei get the wideband in, rather safe now than sorry later

parting out my built and boosted 97 z24 so4x4.com/cavy.html for pics and a parts list
Thursday, October 06, 2005 10:57 PM
To answer the question about the 2200. you can just put a a brass manifold into the oil pressure sensor hole in the block and then just run both the oil pressure sensor and the oil feed line from one place. Its located dead middle back side of the block. KS (Knock Sensor), CMP (Cam sensor) and CKP (Crank sensor) are all there as well.

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Sunday, May 30, 2010 6:40 AM
great digram I am going to be running a greddy type rs bov it has 2 vacum lines on it where does the second one go
Tuesday, June 01, 2010 6:43 AM
First off, THANK YOU FOR SEARCHING!

Second, check the instructions on the Greddy Type-RS box. It should list the sources to use for the vaccum lines.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search