Gm crapflashed computer.... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Gm crapflashed computer....
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 2:33 PM
Im looking for a Gm crapflashed computer for my Saab setup....anyone got one out there??

Re: Gm crapflashed computer....
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 4:03 PM
if its such a crapflash then do something else and stop making up words that you might think are funny

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 4:20 PM
Actually alot of people refer to it as that so I figured why not. If I knew better id say someone removed your funny bone. As for doing it another way..I will but for the time being I am in need of the GM Reflashed computer for the eco.

But in the end thanks for the useful addition to my post
Friday, January 21, 2011 4:02 AM
I'll agree, I called my gm flashed m62 the crapflash, then I got tuned on a spare ecu and confirmed it is infact a crapflash haha

Friday, January 21, 2011 5:08 AM
Crapflash is a very common and very accurate word that describes the GM tune.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Friday, January 21, 2011 5:22 AM
Thanks guys...maybe some havent heard the term before.....

Ive found my Crapflashed computer Thanks
Friday, January 21, 2011 12:05 PM
Personally if I were you, I would see if you had one of the people on here who can tune take care of your car as opposed to getting a flashed computer. That way it will run smoother and they can get rid of things like tq. management, rear 02 delete, limiters and whatnot. You'll be happier in the long run.

Friday, January 21, 2011 3:28 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Personally if I were you, I would see if you had one of the people on here who can tune take care of your car as opposed to getting a flashed computer. That way it will run smoother and they can get rid of things like tq. management, rear 02 delete, limiters and whatnot. You'll be happier in the long run.

I plan on it..but seeing how I live in Vancouver BC, Canada.....There's not a single sole even remotely close to do the tuning. I plan on using the reflashed computer just to keep it going since its my daily driver and then keep reading and tune it myself. Since our area has zero tuners for us I want to learn and make a couple bucks and help our local guys out. I figured the saab turbo would be good to learn on for when I get my other kit completed.
Friday, January 21, 2011 6:44 PM
Phily, what are talking about,Evoloution Auto Performane in maple ridge...Thats who did my car,They have HP Tuners,And a dyno,They do great work..
Friday, January 21, 2011 6:53 PM
But do they know our cars?

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Friday, January 21, 2011 6:57 PM
Right ..forgot about them...

Maybe ill give them a try later.....I heard how much you had to pay and since this is a budget build to tide me over. But maybe ill give them a call or show up once the cars boosted and see what they can do for me. I got the computer for a good deal...so itll work for the first while till I can save some more. But thanks...I forgot about them!

Friday, January 21, 2011 7:22 PM
Tinkles wrote:But do they know our cars?

They did seem to do a good job on Jasons car in terms of numbers. But I do think a turbo tune is a little harder then a supercharger tune..least that's what I recall reading. I am a bit leery paying a company that isn't WELL versed in j-body tuning though since we have all seen or heard of so many horror stories out of people getting tuned by reputable shops, and it not working out so well for them.
Friday, January 21, 2011 7:24 PM
Yes Tinkles they know how to tune our cars...

And phily mine cost more because I also had them build me a new down pipe for my car...And it took longer because they had to do the 2.5 bar fake tune...But all in all it was well worth the money...And for doing road testing and alot of dyno testing,I would use them again then for me to screw up somthing..
Friday, January 21, 2011 7:37 PM
Ill defiantly be keeping them in mind....as long as I don't forget again
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search