Vue with M62 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Vue with M62
Sunday, January 09, 2011 9:44 AM
I have a brand new GMPP M62 kit still in the box. My friends mom is selling her 2002 Saturn Vue 2.2L 5 speed manual for pretty cheap. I have looked at the engine bay and the belt setup is the same as a Ecotec Cavalier. Has anybody put this kit on a Vue? It looks like it would fit/ clear the hood. Any info would help.

Re: Vue with M62
Sunday, January 09, 2011 10:03 AM
I have not heard of anyone doing that but I think it would be dam cool. I would look into if HP Tuners has support for the vue so You could get the most out of the install when done instead of running a gm reflash.

Sunday, January 09, 2011 10:17 AM
Right on I have done some quick research and found differences between the Vue and the Cavalier. The Vue uses a returnless style fuel system, same as the Cobalt ss. The throttle body is also electronic vs cable. I have found that the 3.0L is cable driven and the gas pedal is the same regardless of engine. Which means worst case scenario I use a Cavalier throttle body and 3.0L throttle cable or Cavalier if it fits. I will check with HP Tuners to see if they support the Vue and the electronic throttle body.
Sunday, January 09, 2011 12:36 PM
OK looks like the injectors are also different. Most likely I will have to swap them from a Cavalier. Current Idea is to use Cavalier fuel injectors, throttle body, throttle body cable and ECM. Anyone want to chime in here? HP tuners does not support the VUE.
Sunday, January 09, 2011 12:51 PM
Looks like the 04-05 VUEs come equipped with the same injectors as the Cavalier 03-05.
Sunday, January 09, 2011 2:47 PM
Anybody have links to the ECM pinouts on a 03+ cavalier and a 03-05 VUE?
Sunday, January 09, 2011 8:06 PM
The 2.2 is not supported by Hptuners only the 3.5 (09) and the 2.4 (08-09). So you'll have to go with a standalone ecu like a haltech to make it work.

Unless you want to re-wire it to work with the cobalt ss computer or any other GM 4 cylinder computer thats not a cavalier one (besides the 00-02 ld9/ln2 with s/c reflash)..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, January 09, 2011 8:07 PM

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Sunday, January 09, 2011 8:10 PM
Thats what I was looking at doing. I was thinking that regardless of style of fuel delivery (returnless or return) as long as I remove the electronic throttle body and replace it with a standard Cavalier throttle body I should be able to use the Cavalier ECM to run the engine. I was looking for the pinouts so I can see if any of the wires need to be moved. The only thing that I can think of that won't work is the cruise control which the VUE ECM controls.
Sunday, January 09, 2011 8:12 PM
DO NOT USE THE ECO CAVALIER PCM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!eleven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus Christ you have choice of PCM's and you pick the worst one that you could. Never use an eco cav pcm in a boost application if you can avoid it.

Monday, January 10, 2011 11:01 AM
What would be the reason my GM reflash would work. I was thinking about using the Cobalt SS ECM but I am having trouble locating one. Either way I need more information before I invest a few grand into this project.
Monday, January 10, 2011 11:46 AM
The eco reflash? It would sure as hell not run the dash and the reflash sucks. And using an ld9 pcm with the 2 bar s/c flash will likely take way too much wiring to make work.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:30 AM
LD9? This is for the 2003-2005 Cavalier with the Ecotec engines, the same engine that is installed in the Saturn VUE. I understand that the reflash is not the best from a performance standpoint however the Cavalier I had with the reflash worked without a hiccup and ran hard. Besides the cruise control I don't see why the Cavalier ECM will not run the VUE. The only reason I would choose this route is so I can get it reflashed from GM and keep my costs low.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:36 AM
Dors that year have a maf and what crank trigger wheel out runs.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search