-10 drain fitting for MHI turbo - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
-10 drain fitting for MHI turbo
Sunday, December 26, 2010 9:26 AM
Are they the same as say a garrett style?

I can find tons of those
Are the universal?

Re: -10 drain fitting for MHI turbo
Sunday, December 26, 2010 1:34 PM
No, not universal, unique to Mitsubishi. If you like, we can hook you up with stainless flanges in either 1/2" or 5/8" bore. For more info, email me: sales@turbosystem.com.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Monday, December 27, 2010 5:11 PM
^^ SIR YOU'VE BEEN IN THIS GAME FOR TOO LONG!!!

you need a damn shopping cart on your website.

Monday, December 27, 2010 5:28 PM
You are 100% correct on all counts, lol!

We are actually viewing new website companies right now, and will be adding dozens of new a-la carte parts like this along with shopping cart capability. Thanks!

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

www.turbosystem.com

Monday, December 27, 2010 5:57 PM
this in it's self has the potential to make you some $$...

I would not slack in this department.

Saturday, January 01, 2011 2:03 PM
yeah i have always wondered y u guys dont have a sales cart lol

13.1 @ 115
Saturday, January 01, 2011 7:36 PM
well...

I'm sure Bill will respond with " we are a manufacturing facility"

Well Bill Manf. is one thing if you have a core group of retail dealers...

I see lots of money slipping through your fingers as people seek out replacement stuff else where on the interweb...

Sunday, January 02, 2011 11:44 AM
blackbirdracing wrote:well...

I'm sure Bill will respond with " we are a manufacturing facility"

Well Bill Manf. is one thing if you have a core group of retail dealers...

I see lots of money slipping through your fingers as people seek out replacement stuff else where on the interweb...

You may not be aware that we do have a core group of retail distributors. Beyond that core group, we have literally hundreds of resellers in our network, and thousands of individual end-user clients.

As I've noted in some other threads here as of late, selling every single component we use to manufacture our systems, but in an individual a-la carte format, has not been an effective business model for us to date. It may be hard for an outsider to visualize without deep insights onto our operations, but let me assure you...there is much more to this than just adding a shopping cart capability to our site.

As a quick look: Our inventory contains literally thousands of separate part numbers, and efficiently managing their on-hand status enables us to effectively build and ship complete turbosystems. Were we to allow each component to be purchased separately, we'd risk not being able to complete those systems...and with hundreds of thousands of dollars in inventory, anything that hobbles our capability to keep it moving is simply a bad move. Expressed another way: we just aren't interested in making more $50 sales if doing so means we won't be able to fill orders worth thousand$ of dollar$. It's the old "cut off your nose to spite your face" scenario.

For further examples of this, one need go no further than companies similar to ours such as Turbonetics, ProCharger, STS. While you can be sure that these companies have at LEAST as many separate components on hand as we do (and in fact probably many more)...they also do not advertise every single one of these compnents for sale. Sure, go to their sites and you will find small bits that they DO sell. However, the point here is what they do NOT sell separately, and the rationale behind doing so. It's a sound approach, and the same as ours.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

www.turbosystem.com

Sunday, January 02, 2011 5:03 PM
you win...

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 2:58 PM
garrett one bolted right up...

Wednesday, January 05, 2011 8:12 AM
I think that may be because the Garretts use a larger fastener (depending on model, 8mm, 10mm, or 5/16" or 3/8"). However, your Mitsu turbo uses the much smaller 6mm fastener size.

The oversize holes would allow for a certain degree of misalignment when used with your small 6mm bolts. If you go this route, in oder to achieve even clamping force (and avoid oil leaks), I'd suggest you address this mismatch either via machined spacers under the 6mm bolt heads (preferred method), or fudge in some washers and just hope for the best!

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

www.turbosystem.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search