Best cams for supercharger - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Best cams for supercharger
Sunday, January 02, 2011 10:30 AM
Well I've decided to go with a gmperformance supercharger kit on my LD9 instead of doing am NA build. I currently have a set of LO quad 4 cams sitting in my garage. I would like to use these mainly because I already have them but if there's a better alternative that doesn't cost much I'd happily do that. This may seem like a stupid question but would the secret cam swap be better? I already have one of the neccessary cams it'd be easy. But idk. This forced induction thing is pretty new to me. Also I've already had the head resurfaced and the ports gasket matched and polished and have HO valve springs installed. Thanks for any help.

Re: Best cams for supercharger
Sunday, January 02, 2011 12:35 PM
Ethan Duke wrote:Well I've decided to go with a gmperformance supercharger kit on my LD9 instead of doing am NA build. I currently have a set of LO quad 4 cams sitting in my garage. I would like to use these mainly because I already have them but if there's a better alternative that doesn't cost much I'd happily do that. This may seem like a stupid question but would the secret cam swap be better? I already have one of the neccessary cams it'd be easy. But idk. This forced induction thing is pretty new to me. Also I've already had the head resurfaced and the ports gasket matched and polished and have HO valve springs installed. Thanks for any help.

your best bet would be to us a secret intake cam. It is the same duration as the LO intake cam but .10" less lift. however in exchange for the loss of lift you can easily retain your power steering and cam sensor.

Sunday, January 02, 2011 5:46 PM
secret cams are working great on my setup.

FU Tuning

Monday, January 03, 2011 11:00 AM
I have the press in hex key for the power steering pump and a machine willing to do the work. I just didn't want to do this if there was a better alternative.

Monday, January 03, 2011 4:42 PM
HO cams were nice.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search