Ecotec 6" intake manifold.. - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec 6" intake manifold..
Friday, December 10, 2010 12:53 AM
Hi, its been a while but.... just because we could fit one in there... and this motor is built to see 25-30psi.

.... thats all

Re: Ecotec 6" intake manifold..
Friday, December 10, 2010 4:10 AM
Any pics of the flange or inside the manifold?

Friday, December 10, 2010 6:13 AM
6"? Daaaaamn lol. That thing is huge. As long as it works great right. The owner plan on getting dyno numbers?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, December 10, 2010 12:09 PM
no inside pics, everything is tig welded and ruuners are flush mounted. Car was in process of being tuned, has an oil leak were trying to track down. Local shop assembled engine, already forgot a galley plug. car is going to engine shop as they may have screwed something else up. will keep everyone posted of numbers,

Friday, December 10, 2010 12:28 PM
i wantZ lol

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, December 13, 2010 6:57 PM
holy @!#$! whats the volume on that plenum?

mike

i make neons and j-bodys go fast

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 4:23 PM
Lenght is 18" from weld on cap to weld before the TB flange, 6" overall diameter....for those measurement roughly 509Cubic inches... but its more because of the volume in the top cap and the flange for the TB.. Soo... A lot. Lol... Car is reacting well to it. Oil issue was sorted out and its been back to tuning the past 2 days. Won't know the true potential until the motor is broken in.

Thursday, December 16, 2010 5:41 AM
do you have any issues with heat soak since the radiator fan will blow hot air directly on the intake?
Thursday, December 16, 2010 6:03 AM
figured id venture asking..
whats the difference in clearance on core support from delta to a J?
and guesstamate pricing? id rather buy a manifold vs build one this time around due to the time frame i have.
either way keep up the good work guys..

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Friday, December 17, 2010 4:50 PM
The manifold looks great, but DEAR GOD, WHY!? Unless they plan to push over 1000whp, they'll never come close to the limits of that thing.

I have no signiture
Friday, December 17, 2010 5:35 PM
Nope, it is def overkill, but whatever floats his boat

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, December 18, 2010 3:17 AM
Matt Gorman(ECOjunk)BallsDeep wrote:figured id venture asking..
whats the difference in clearance on core support from delta to a J?
and guesstamate pricing? id rather buy a manifold vs build one this time around due to the time frame i have.
either way keep up the good work guys..

gornan you get a new whit? or u just asking

horsepower is how hard you hit the wall, Torque is how far you push the wall with you
Thursday, December 23, 2010 8:33 AM
i has secrets and stuff. but yes i do

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Saturday, December 25, 2010 5:53 AM
I don't think a 6" would fit into a J, but I don't know.... we have a 4" listed on our website which fits nicely, click the banner below.

Overkill? Probably.... not my car, so I had no say in the matter. Is airflow an issue?... Of course not. Block was sent to Darton and is fully sleeved, head has a CNC 5 angle port and polish, turbo cam, Custom Diamond Pistons and Eagle H connecting rods, DDS Stage 2 shafts.

I'm pretty sure we'll max out the capacity of the GT30R Garrett before anything else goes.

Saturday, December 25, 2010 6:52 AM
Cody @ RD Fabs wrote:I don't think a 6" would fit into a J, but I don't know.... we have a 4" listed on our website which fits nicely, click the banner below.

Overkill? Probably.... not my car, so I had no say in the matter. Is airflow an issue?... Of course not. Block was sent to Darton and is fully sleeved, head has a CNC 5 angle port and polish, turbo cam, Custom Diamond Pistons and Eagle H connecting rods, DDS Stage 2 shafts.

I'm pretty sure we'll max out the capacity of the GT30R Garrett before anything else goes.

thats bigger then the one on the gm race engines pushing 1400 hp... There comes a time when bigger just doesnt always mean better. I know YOU had nothing to do with it so don't take my opinions the wrong way. I would think there would be a point where a HUGE plenum would hinder flow into small runners. but thats my opinion.

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search