hks bov - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hks bov
Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:05 PM
hmmmm any ever used a hks bov or have 1???????
k well i have one and just recently have i messed with it. i always wondered wut that screw on the top was. so i looked it up and realized u can adjust it. NOW let me say im running a t3 t4 turbo;' and woooooooooooow i adjust that thing and dammmmmm my car is a F@#$@#$#@ beast. that thing took off like a rocket. i was like wtf where did alll this power come from. so i guess i had the screw on a lil to tight. but i wouldnt of thought adjusting that screw would make such a HUGE DIFFERENCE. but yeah if anyone else has done that feel free to reply

Re: hks bov
Tuesday, March 31, 2009 8:24 PM
yeah i have one. i'll ahve to try that. doesn't it change the sound of the blow of 2?
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 10:45 AM
OK so you increased the tension on the internal spring?
So now your engine is getting "true boost" pressure.
Your BOV was probablly getting pushed open prematurley by compressor pressure, not causing all of your boost to reach the engine.
Thats why most BOV's are adjustable.

However mine isnt, I have the HKS SSQV, the bosst helps keep it close till the BOV actuates.
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 2:24 PM
o yea thats the one i hve
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 2:51 PM
i have 2 on my GTR, it does make a differents in sound and response. If you use the purple insert on high boost you get a very nice sound like an external wastegate

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 5:27 PM
yeah before i lossen'd up my bov . My car was way more stiffer and i only once hear'd my bov and that was when my tranny sucked and i couldnt shift geares and just stayed in 1 for ever and got all that air. but once i adjusted it my car felt a WHOLE lot smoother and the sound was amazing . the car sounds freaking sick with the sound of the bov and turbo spooling. in fact i didn't even hit boost when my spring was tight very horrible feeling to have a dam turbo and not feel boost. lol
Monday, April 13, 2009 5:30 PM

you need to work on you lying. when you lie about your setup on the internet you have to remember to take into account the fact that people might no more then you. the problem is that the more you talk about your car, the more you revel about how much you really know, and weather your telling the truth or not. its not your fault man your getting it just rember next time you BS try to say as little about your car as possiable and try not to use specifics.

good luck man youll get it.

Quote:

My car was way more stiffer and i only once hear'd my bov and that was when my tranny sucked and i couldnt shift geares and just stayed in 1 for ever and got all that air. but once i adjusted it my car felt a WHOLE lot smoother and the sound was amazing . the car sounds freaking sick with the sound of the bov and turbo spooling. in fact i didn't even hit

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Monday, April 13, 2009 6:33 PM
^lol

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Monday, April 13, 2009 7:55 PM
wtf ahahahahaah dam u are a grade a a hole. im not lyeing about @!#$.. you need to get your fact right first before your open your mouth. Maybe im not as advaced as you but im not lieing. first of all . if u have a hks bov i think in my opinon NOW is the tightest setting is the worst . your car feel a whole lot stiffer and your air is not as free flowing or what ever happens when your at the tightest setting. I had bought the car already turbo charged, i never messed with the bov. and yess i only felt boost once! or even heared my bov. This is a true story . im not some idiot just lying. now about a month ago i decided to mess with that screww and i loosen it up a tad bit. and when i drove it IT WAS A HUGGGGGEE DIFFRENCE. my car seem'd to be way smoother and just like glide and i heared my bov. !!!!!!! SO idk wtf yoru talking about lieing ??? this whole time i had jsut thought my turbo was bad but never had the time to take it to get checked out.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009 3:40 PM
picture

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:19 PM
ill see if i cna take any pics of the car?.. hopefully its not cuz u dont belive me?

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 9:29 PM

Friday, April 17, 2009 1:35 PM
hahah nice man .

thats awsome I totally apologize. normally the basic rule of thumb applys that the level of skill and ability mirror the know how and general knowldge and our cars. you are obviously new to turbos and how they work. which rings the alarm, on you actually having a boosted car. I normally just ignore it but I wanted to be an ass on the internet for some reason and figured I had you peged.

Im curious, did you do the work? I dont mean anything by it, Im just wondering because running an unadjusted BOV is a rookie move, which is cool espically when you dont have anyone around to help you out. but my thought process was hell if he missed that there's no way hes got it to properly install and tune a turbo system. again nothing by it I taught my self at first thew books, went out there thought I new it all, and blew up my first project.....

sorry for being and ass

one more thing, get a intake or a filter on that turbo at least. thats how you blow your @!#$ up.

Friday, April 17, 2009 3:19 PM
To the op, more info on your setup! What kind of turbo header is that? Stock motor? Update your profile or something lol.

Thats what I love to see, it aint the prettiest but its the definition of function> form. Nice little sleeper too.

Friday, April 17, 2009 6:25 PM
ha no problem man. first id like to say . i bought it like that .. for 1600 ha. it only needed the tranny fixed and pretty much that was all. it was sitting for about a year. the guy got tired of it soooo my GAIN ..... so i pretty much jsut fixed that bad boy and never really changed the bov just thoought that the turbo was bad. until i messed with the bov. .. but its not the perfect car. might i say their is some @!#$ty work on the car, i mean the money put into is way worth the price and the car is a beast. but the work is not the best.

I was thinking about getting a pipe and bending it to fit. but theirs no space to work on it. i mean look at my headers lol. but i do agrre a cold air intake would help it out again

stock engine. upgraded fuel managment. fuel bump. thinking of getting a bigger TB.. i painted the headers with a heat resistant paint. was going to wrapp them but it would of been to much of a procees to take them off.

pretty much now i need to get new gaskets . which im hoping should be a breeeze

but yeah thanks for the help. sleeper indeed. well now im riding with no bumper since of a acccident on the freeway which made me lose my carbon fiber hood and bumber . so now pppl see me rolling with my intercooler and they give nothing but thumbs up lol
Saturday, April 18, 2009 8:35 AM
I was saying you needed an intake not because of preformance, but because of maintenance, I dont know how long you'v been rolling around like that but no intake means all the dirt that normally getting blocked by your intake is going straight into your engine. it'll take out your bearings, rings and seats. you got to do something about that man. good luck

Saturday, April 18, 2009 9:45 AM
Jcavi wrote:you need to work on you lying.
Don't know about the lying, but sure as hell needs to learn proper punctuation and spelling.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search