injector swap, ln2 cavalier boosted - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
injector swap, ln2 cavalier boosted
Saturday, March 28, 2009 1:18 PM
i have an 01 cavalier with the ln2. i know i should do an engine swap, but the motor only has 45k on it. im working on installing the turbo right now. will the injectors from an 00-02 monte carlo ss drop in with no problems? they are 29 lb/hr compared to the 17 lb/hr i have now ( i think its 17). i have the aem FIC to control injector pulse. what would be a good fuel pressure to run? thanks

SMILE!! YOUR ON CAMERA

Re: injector swap, ln2 cavalier boosted
Saturday, March 28, 2009 10:59 PM
to control the pcm my suggestion would be to get HPT and do a full tune to get the best results and power from the turbo. Im not familiar with the aem FIC you listed but i do know that our cars have been proven to put down good power with HPT. Another thing is why would you think you need an engine swap? Imphat0260 (sp) is pushing 300hp to the wheels on stock bottom end with an LN2 and is now building a bigger motor to push a whole lot more power. If your not running much boost i know that the ford red top injectors are pretty popular on here and they are 30 lbs injectors. Im not sure on ease of fitment but many people have used them before. Factory injectors on the LN2 are 19 lbs i believe.

Re: injector swap, ln2 cavalier boosted
Sunday, March 29, 2009 9:03 AM
with bolt on mods, i spun a crank bearing on the old motor that only had 101,000 miles. i take very good care of my car, so its not from a lack of oil changes. im sure imphat0260 had to do alot more work than if he had a ld9, just my opionion. im still in the middle of the aem fic install, ill let you know how it works for me. aem fic this is the link for the write up on the fic. im not tring to promote any product, just explaining what i got. from the research that ive done, the 01 monte carlo ss (3.8L vin: k) has 309 cc/min which is just over 29 lb/hr and they look identical to the injectors in the ln2. im only planning on running 8, 10 psi max with a few more mods. thanks for the reply.

SMILE!! YOUR ON CAMERA
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search