two heat exhangers - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
two heat exhangers
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:12 AM
I was looking at the diagram of how to route an aftermarket heat exchanger on a cobalt and realized that they are essentially running two heat exchangers. Has anyone else thought to try and run a two heat exchanger set up? I am thinking about getting ZZP's heat exchanger (inlet and outlet on the same side) to use and then take the cobra heat exchanger and move it back some seeing as it is the smaller heat exchanger.

Thoughts?

Re: two heat exhangers
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 6:10 AM
We don't really have room. My ect already rises fairly quickly when I'm at a stop, I couldn't imagine having another obstruction in the way.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 6:17 AM
if you have one in front of the other, the backside one won't have really air flow to cool the coolant so it wouldn't be as useful. the cobalts have their stock h/e higher to where they can put a 2nd one in the lower part of their bumper. i can't imagine tryin to route the lines correctly and efficiently to do that either, w/ all the elbows and kinks and connections.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:55 AM
I have a stock Cobalt SS/SC H/E that i wouldnt mind getting rid of.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 8:48 PM
im just using the stock mustang cobra he and im seeing iats in the 70s while driving. so seems like its doin its job just fine. i have even made it into the 60s. all depends how u drive. iats will rise while sitting but dont seem to go above 105. and drop quickly once moving again.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 9:29 PM
Xtreme - Are you running a dualpass endplate too?

I have the cobra H/E and dualpass endplate on my car. Im sure that'll be efficient enought, but i still would like to run an even larger H/E in place of the cobra. Then install a recovery tank for the H/E system. I like overkill.

Just keep in mind that you cannot get your IATs lower than the ambiant air temp with out running some sort of nitrous/CO2 spray bar on the H/E. Im not even sure how efficient a spray bar kit would work on an air to water H/E.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:35 PM
Mount some fans to it, I was thinking of doing 2 also, not 1 big one, but 2 smaller ones and mounting a fan to each.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 12:22 PM
nope no dual pass endplate on mine. just the stock one. u have 2 also think about heatsoak from the motor if ur cars been sitting after running a while. no matter what u do 2 the he it can only cool so much.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search