block off plate - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
block off plate
Wednesday, March 18, 2009 10:00 PM
Wats up guys just wondering if anyone sells block off plates for the bypass valves on the saab td04 turbo? Or am I limited to making one myself? Its no biggie I could prolly have my machine shop make one up just wanted to see if any were made and how much they cost

Re: block off plate
Thursday, March 19, 2009 11:34 AM
When I had the saab setup I put a cap over the stock bov vacuum port and ran my turboxs rfl with no problems.

Thursday, March 19, 2009 12:46 PM
No reason you can't use the same ones offering for SRT-4's or WRX's being it's a TD04.

When I had the Saab kit I had honestly thought of using the Mopar BOV as it's cheap and has a great sound.

Thursday, March 19, 2009 1:23 PM
I used the mopar one but for some reason it wouldn't let out boost so I gave it back to my srt buddy and bought a type s instead, so I should be fine just leaving the stock one there it won't leak or snything?

Thursday, March 19, 2009 11:51 PM
Working on those saabs they are known to leak, just like any other diaphram recirc. valve. I would get rid of it.

Friday, March 20, 2009 10:26 AM
Sounds good ima see how much they'll charge me to make one local, hopefully it won't cost too much

Friday, March 20, 2009 10:41 AM
take a piece of sheet metal and use tin snips and cut one out. takes 5 min
Friday, March 20, 2009 11:38 AM
That's wat I was thinking but will it hold? Isn't it too thin? I wouldn't want it to start leaking

Friday, March 20, 2009 12:27 PM
I bought mine off ebay...Could have made one but buying was just so much easier
Friday, March 20, 2009 12:48 PM
Yea well if I can cut one out of sheet metal I may just do that, shouldn't be to expensive and shouldn't be to hard to do

Monday, March 23, 2009 11:20 AM
sheet metal will work put some sealer over it though

Monday, March 23, 2009 5:51 PM
Level Zero Motorsports sells an SRT-4 block off plate as well.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 7:15 PM
if you do it with sheet metal make sure you put the bypass back over it, it will keep it sealed good.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search