Wideband - MP45 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wideband - MP45
Wednesday, March 18, 2009 6:55 PM
So I just took my car for the first drive of the season. Got the clutch, flywheel, exhaust, lsd, meth injection, 58mm TB and the mounts put in. On the way home I was kinda nervous driving the car cause I was scared about the A/F because I still only have the 310cc injectors. The lsj injectors are going in tommorow and getting the tune/dyno done tomorrow as well. Anyways, so I was watching the wideband and at WOT it was anywhere between 11.9-12.5. I don't really have time to look around to see what other people are running or what the best A/F is. I am still running the GM reflash at present. Anyways, I didn't think those numbers were too bad cause I was hearing about numbers in the 13's. I think the duty cycle of the injectors may be high but at least its not lean. I suppose the alky helps a lot too. Anyways, thought I'd post to see what people thought about my A/F ratio with the 310's. I'll post tommorow after I get the dyno numbers after the lsj injectors.

Re: Wideband - MP45
Wednesday, March 18, 2009 6:59 PM
AFR's are not bad, but I would be more woried about IDC's with the 310's. What amount of boost are you running? What pulley? I'm running LSJ injectors, but have them maxed out and need bigger.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 7:21 PM
got the 2.7" pulley...running somewhere in the 6-7 psi mark.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 8:06 PM
hey man, im from nb, good to see theres another s/c j in the area

M62 KIT for sale PM ME
Thursday, March 19, 2009 1:28 PM
That is safe. Are you running a 50/50 mix of meth and water?

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, March 19, 2009 5:34 PM
IF the W\B is good, why care about the duty cycle?

I wouldn't be.

IF you are, tell the ECM that it has smaller injectors then it does, and tune for it.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, March 19, 2009 6:31 PM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:IF the W\B is good, why care about the duty cycle?

I wouldn't be.

IF you are, tell the ECM that it has smaller injectors then it does, and tune for it.

Chris

Because the chance of injector failure is greater. Hell if that is the case then why ever buy bigger injectors?? Also why would you tell the ECU it has smaller injectors? Then the IDC would be higher.

FU Tuning

Thursday, March 19, 2009 6:44 PM
Why Indeed?

If it dose not need it, IE 100% D.C. makes 11.X :1, looks like you can lean it out some, Yes?

But your right, make the ***ECM*** (Its a GM, GM Dose NOT use ECU's) think it has larger injectors, and then tune for it, if your really worried about that OMG bad 100% number.

Ill I am saying, with that AFR, there is no need for larger injectors. If Peace of mind is what your really after, by all means spend your money.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, March 19, 2009 7:26 PM
ECU/ECM/PCM to me is all the same. I have been seeing 116% on my SS/SC's running 11.7 AFR's. I do not want to lean it out anymore, and do not like running that IDC. Yes holding a good AFR, but something could happen. I'm not dying to get bigger injectors but working on it.
his AFR ranged from 11.9-12.5. I would richen the over 12's area's up, but that is me.

FU Tuning

Thursday, March 19, 2009 9:20 PM
Well just got back from halifax...I got the lsj injectors installed and got three street sessions done. So this is my day from hell.

I am almost in halifax and give buddy a shout just to give him heads up and apparently he had double booked so he was gonna get me to street tune will the other car was on the dyno and then once it was off I would go...well at 10:15pm the 2008 twin turbo corvette z06 was still on the dyno and the owner wasn't happy about his numbers so I just decided to come back next week....we got the car running well enough on the lsj injectors and I drove home. So on the way home all my interior and exterior lights start pulsating and now I have a bearing starting to go in the tranny somewhere. It has a mean rattle when the car is idling in neutral with the clutch out and rattles when you are engine braking...I thought maybe it was the throw out bearing but it could be the main shaft bearing. I guess it will have to come apart again (second time in one week ) Anyways, so needless to say I have a few kinks to work out before spring but hopefully it will all work out...I'll have some more kms on the clutch by next week so now when I put it on the dyno I won't void my warranty. Anyways, so thats my story of the day I thought I was gonna get my car on the dyno and get it tuned but that will have to wait for another day. I'll post next week when I get it on the dyno and let you know what my A/F is and my duty cycle, its still running pretty rich.

Friday, March 20, 2009 12:18 AM
I was running mid 11's with 100% meth with fully built motor with all the bolt ons in my registry and lsj injectors

I've ran my car super lean in the mid 13's before and no problems but obviously this was a dumb thing to do cause of risk of popping the motor.

Saturday, March 21, 2009 2:05 PM
Well I was gonna head back to halifax to get the car dynoed and finish the tune on monday but I need to take the tranny apart again and replace a bearing, its knocking pretty bad. Looks like the car will be ready wednesday and then saturday I'll be heading back to finish up the tune. Getting the old man to put some more miles ion it in the meantime to get the clutch even more broke in before puttin git on the dyno. Anyways, I'll post saturday with some dyno numbers.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search