Divided flange turbo, single wastegate? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Divided flange turbo, single wastegate?
Monday, March 16, 2009 12:04 AM
Is there anybody here running a divided flange turbo with a single wastegate? Just wondering if you just made a collector between the division and run that into a gate collector or did you split the tubing and leave the division up until the gate seat? or third option, run two gates total independent on each set of runners/divisions?

Right now, I'm planing on running two gates but wondering if there is anybody running a similar setup with any long-term experience with the several ways of plumbing the gates. If so what did you notice between the several options in spool. I have a feeling there isn't any experience here with this type of setup but I figured I'd ask, I haven't seen anybody on here run a DF setup before but if you have with other types of cars I'd be interested in what you found.

EDIT: talking to tial, they say there is a difference but not much to be noticed between keeping the runners separated totally(2 gates) or running a single gate with a single gate collector made and running two tubes straight into each division. To me, and others involved, see pressure equalization between the division being a problem thus negating all benefits of the DF setup. I'm not giving Tial much credit with their opinion on this one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, March 16, 2009 12:08 AM

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous

Re: Divided flange turbo, single wastegate?
Monday, March 16, 2009 5:07 AM
i dont think anyone on here is running a divided turbo setup, on the setups ive seen either run 2 gates or one big gate that is divided all the way up to wastegate flange, in 2 weeks im building a header for a divided s366 turbo using 2 of the new tial 38mm vband wastegates( things are tiny)

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search