Finishing my M62 install and have a few questions. - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Finishing my M62 install and have a few questions.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009 12:23 PM
Any tips/tricks for installing the intake manifold support bolt(on the bottom of the manifold)? Im assuming that i have to use a long extension and go between the alternator and block.

Also i have the stage 2 belt and a 3.1" pulley. They dont sound like they mix to well. I believe its the stage 2 belt, cuz it was on a balt with a 2.79" pulley. Do you think i'll be able to get away with it or should i grab a stock belt?

Lastly does anyone have a pic of the belt clearance near the lower overflow tank hose?

Trevor Mullins wrote:

kind of like a screwed up kids sing along

pete the anal monkey lived in my bum..............

best epiosode of barney ever lol

Re: Finishing my M62 install and have a few questions.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009 12:39 PM
if it is a stage 2 belt it would have 6 ribs on it of course and one would need to be trimmed off to work with the L61 pulleys.

As far as the clearance it is not much; less than an inch sometimes. Having non-stock motor mounts helps a lot with that issue.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009 12:54 PM
yea may get away with using the stage 2 belt with the 3.1" pulley, as for the the support bolt i got under the car and used a ratching wrench i found it easy that way.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 3:08 PM
there was supposed to be a support bolt wasnt there... dont have it lol..

as for clearance, not really too much, ill see if i can find a picture, if not ill take a new one when i get some time. im using a stage 2 belt with the 3.0 because the stock one slipped so you should be fine

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Tuesday, March 10, 2009 3:43 PM
For the bolt I went from the top with a wobbly socket and extension.

The belt if you can get it on I'd say use it. No chance of slip lol. I'm thinkin of switching to a stage 2 belt myself. Still not convinced I dont have belt slip with the stock belt and 3.0 pulley.

I just zip ties all the hoses together . Its still close but should be ok

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 9:46 PM
I used a stock belt with my 3.0 pulley, never had any slipping problems
I zipped tied the hose away from the belt, be carefull with the lower AC hose, I had to replace mine because sometimes under acceleration the belt would hit it and eventually wore a hole into it.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 10:05 PM
Bah, if that happens i'll just remove the A/C. I have windows....

evilmonkitar wrote:there was supposed to be a support bolt wasnt there... dont have it lol..

I *might* have a spare bolt that would work. I'll know for sure tomarrow/today(wednesday).

I cut a rib off the belt i have, so we'll see if it fits. I also do have RKsport upper and lower engine mounts in the car and TTR tranny mounts that i should install(since the car is already apart).

Trevor Mullins wrote:

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 10:19 PM
The belt is going to be a tight fit. As for the a/c line, just bend it out of the way. Zip tie the coolant hose to the core support.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 7:16 AM
I'm only seeing just over 10psi with the 3.0 pulley is why i say i'm not convinced I dont have belt slip.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 5:33 PM
ecotecpower wrote:I'm only seeing just over 10psi with the 3.0 pulley is why i say i'm not convinced I dont have belt slip.

10 psi is a little low. On my 3.0 I was at 13-14 psi with a full 2.5 exhaust, alky and intercooler.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 7:18 PM
I have one part that i cant find yet. I also havent had any luck at the dealership. I need the plug for the stock Cobalt SS/SC heat exchanger pump. Even a part number will do.

Trevor Mullins wrote:

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 7:21 PM
(Tom) S/C Fire wrote:
ecotecpower wrote:I'm only seeing just over 10psi with the 3.0 pulley is why i say i'm not convinced I dont have belt slip.

10 psi is a little low. On my 3.0 I was at 13-14 psi with a full 2.5 exhaust, alky and intercooler.

Think the altitude here and 2 1/4" exhaust is killing me. Sorry for the thread jack

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 7:24 PM
Dont worry about it, just get me a plug for a Cobalt SS/SC H/E pump and we'll be even.

Trevor Mullins wrote:

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 8:09 PM
this should be the connector for the heat exchanger #89046833 this is what my work gave me for the connector number.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 11:37 PM
Tinkles wrote:Any tips/tricks for installing the intake manifold support bolt(on the bottom of the manifold)? Im assuming that i have to use a long extension and go between the alternator and block.

Also i have the stage 2 belt and a 3.1" pulley. They dont sound like they mix to well. I believe its the stage 2 belt, cuz it was on a balt with a 2.79" pulley. Do you think i'll be able to get away with it or should i grab a stock belt?

Lastly does anyone have a pic of the belt clearance near the lower overflow tank hose?

let me know how that goes, was thinking of getting a 3.1 or a 3.0 pulley.

i have 11.2 on a stock pulley,

13.22 @ 105.2
Thursday, March 12, 2009 12:49 PM
my zzp 3.1 pulley seems pretty tight on the stock gmperformance kit belt. i have no clue how it compares to the cobalt belts. im seeing 11psi out of it w/2.5" full exhaust. was at 13psi with my old 2.25" cat-back exhaust.

Thursday, March 12, 2009 6:08 PM
wow i see 11 now with the stock pulley header and 2.225 cat bac

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Thursday, March 12, 2009 6:38 PM
did that part number work for u tinkles?

Thursday, March 12, 2009 6:42 PM
Tinkles wrote:I have one part that i cant find yet. I also havent had any luck at the dealership. I need the plug for the stock Cobalt SS/SC heat exchanger pump. Even a part number will do.

You can also use any bosh style injector plug, could easily swipe one at a yard or get one onilne at summit racing etc for cheap...

z28guy wrote:wow i see 11 now with the stock pulley header and 2.225 cat bac

I'm only seeing 12psi w/ the 2.8 pulley... Remember boost is only a measure of resistance. Every engine, regardless of modification will flow at least a little differently.

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Thursday, March 12, 2009 6:43 PM
the heat exchanger pump connector is just a standard bosch injector connector. Any parts store will have this. $5 vs $20 At the dealer.

Thursday, March 12, 2009 8:19 PM
Ok i'll look for one tomarrow when im out on a parts run.

Also this damn dual pass plate in becoming a PITA. I just need another 1/4" of clearance for the "T", or i need to find a "Y" fitting.

I should have gone turbo....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, March 12, 2009 9:04 PM

Thursday, March 12, 2009 10:02 PM
Tinkles wrote:Ok i'll look for one tomarrow when im out on a parts run.

Also this damn dual pass plate in becoming a PITA. I just need another 1/4" of clearance for the "T", or i need to find a "Y" fitting.

I should have gone turbo....

lol.. thats why i told myself the next car i buy is going to be boosted already.. wont have to deal with crap like that lol

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Saturday, March 14, 2009 10:18 PM
What vehicles run Bosch injectors? Im having trouble finding one locally.

Saturday, March 14, 2009 10:21 PM
Ford

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/product_info.php?products_id=1023

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, March 14, 2009 10:27 PM

Saturday, March 14, 2009 10:38 PM
I hate you cody.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search