Saab turbo on an automatic????????? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Saab turbo on an automatic?????????
Thursday, March 05, 2009 7:38 AM
Hey guys im looking into the saab kit but i cant find anything about running the downpipe has anyone actually used it on an auto and if so how did you run it. thanks in advance

Re: Saab turbo on an automatic?????????
Thursday, March 05, 2009 10:39 AM
The downpipe is not your problem, it's the charge piping. Brandonson's downpipe will work with the automatics with only a slight amount of work. The compressor outlet is facing the transmission and gives you VERY little room to play with, and you can not clock this turbo. I recommend having a iron 90* bend welded onto outlet, that's what I was going to do when I had the kit. Here are some very crappy pics so you can see what I'm talking about.

Hope that helps some.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Thursday, March 05, 2009 1:49 PM
that's more room than i thought there would be. how much modifcation will brandoson's downpipe require? from the pics i've seen, i didn't think his downpipe would fit at all on an auto

Thursday, March 05, 2009 7:58 PM
or you always have the option of going custom. does require more funds but a lot more options to suit your auto. still tough due to charge pipes, but depending if you buy or have a manifold made, you can clock the flange on the manifold as well.

Thursday, March 05, 2009 8:47 PM
the saab turbos have their own manifolds, its not like you can just buy a log manifold w/ t3 flange and bolt any t3 turbo up to it. if the downpipe doesnt work paul, we can just cut it and make it work and weld it back up... charge pipes, i liked that 90 degree elbow right off the compressor idea... we might end up using that....

thanks for puttin up those pictures joey, those help alot actually

Thursday, March 05, 2009 8:57 PM
EXACTLY one year ago today i took this picture....lol... anyways, this is a good side view, kinda gives us and idea of how it may/may not clear the auto trans.....

lets take a vote... who says it will fit, who says it wont?

Thursday, March 05, 2009 8:59 PM
I too am here for the 90' welded.

My first thought when seeing that picture.

Friday, March 06, 2009 1:29 AM
AL1A5 wrote:that's more room than i thought there would be. how much modifcation will brandoson's downpipe require? from the pics i've seen, i didn't think his downpipe would fit at all on an auto

I had it on mine but I never took pictures with it on, I have pictures of it off the car. The work required for it to fit had nothing to do with the transmission as it cleared that. So let me say that one more time for everyone, THE BRANDOSON DOWNPIPE WILL FIT ON AN AUTO. I'm pretty sure Brandon will actually guarantee fitment, he did with me.

Joe Schulte wrote:I too am here for the 90' welded.

My first thought when seeing that picture.

Yeah it's the only way I think unless you want a silicon coupler literally rubbing against the tranny. I was also going to cut off 1-1.25" of the compressor outlet to help save room.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Friday, March 06, 2009 12:19 PM
thanks for the help with the pics joey and everyone else who has had input

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search