Another potential mp62 manifold for the LD9 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Another potential mp62 manifold for the LD9
Thursday, March 05, 2009 5:54 PM
So I emailed overkill engineering motorsports about a post they made regarding the mp63 manifold for the LD9. They had mentioned they were considering making one at a lower cost than vulcan turbo. So when OEM responded they said if I could find a few more people they would make a manifold for $750 which is a substantial amount less than the $1020 that vulcan is offering. Wondering if anyone would be interested in getting in on this. I wish people could get together and work on it together to get things done more efficiently but they doesn't seem like its gonna happen. Anyways, if anyone is interested let me know.

Re: Another potential mp62 manifold for the LD9
Thursday, March 05, 2009 5:58 PM
i might be possibly interested.
Thursday, March 05, 2009 6:09 PM
wicked...I'll email OEM and see what they think...I'll try and find a few more people...thanks for the potential interest! I really want someone to get this done!

Thursday, March 05, 2009 6:14 PM
I just got another email from OEM...If I can find 5 people the manifold will be $550!!!!! This is almost half of what vulcan is asking. If not they still said $750 if only one person buys which is still a lot less than what vulcan was asking. I think $1020 is a little steep for a manifold but if its good quality then its not that bad, but if I can save almost $500 then thats wicked. Anyways, lets get some people to get this show on the road!

Thursday, March 05, 2009 6:22 PM
What is OEM's going to look like? Do they have one made?

FU Tuning

Thursday, March 05, 2009 6:24 PM
I don't think they have one made yet...I'll email them again to see what their plan is...I'd love to get this manifold completed. Not a big fan of this "the project is on hold till more funding"...OEM seems to be willing to go out on the limb to get this done...any interest would be awsome.

Thursday, March 05, 2009 6:31 PM
I guarentee they make a prototype for people to see, it will sell.

I for one, would like to see the design 1st.

Thursday, March 05, 2009 6:37 PM
I would consider it for my z24 but how long would it take for production?
Thursday, March 05, 2009 6:45 PM
I just emailed OEM with all of your questions, I'll let you all know when I hear back. Thanks for the interest. If we could get 5 people that would make it $550 which is an awsome deal!

Thursday, March 05, 2009 6:54 PM
craig, this if from the same guy who made my mounts and my strut bar, and my rear tie bar and all that stuff...his work is good.

Friday, March 06, 2009 7:36 AM
So just got another email from OEM about some of the questions you guys have. This is what they have to say about the manifold:

- It will be aluminum, tig welded.
- I have a couple projects on the go right now but after that I should be able to get started on this - a month or so, maybe longer.
- Seems like there is a market for it - I guess what I need to do is get a blower here so I can start getting the dimensions off of it.

This is a little earlier than I was looking at for me to start my next project but I may have run into the mp62 supercharger relatively close to my house. I'm in the process of finding out about the s/c from the guy. It looks like he drives an 06 Cobalt and he is selling the TB with it but I'm not sure if that one is electronic or not, so if it is then it won't work for the LD9 setup but I got my TB bored so I will probably end up using that. Anyways, if anyone has a mp62 available for OEM to get started on that would be awsome. I'm located in Canada so I'm a good distance away them. I'll keep you all posted if I hear anything.

Friday, March 06, 2009 7:50 AM
I'll definitely be keeping an eye out on this thread. I hope it works out!

Friday, March 06, 2009 8:03 AM
I have dimensions and drawings from my setup that he would probably ike.

The thottle body on the LSJ is electronic controlled. You need an adapter made for the MP62 --> LD9 throttle body, which I also have the drawing for that was used to make mine.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Friday, March 06, 2009 8:13 AM
Wicked...would you be able to forward some of the dimensions for him to take a look at? I'll have to talk to the guy about the supercharger and let him know I don't need the TB.

Hows your setup coming along? Another week or so an will we maybe hear about it? I'm interested to hear. Anyways, if you could help out at all that would be wicked cause OEM seems to be offering the manifold at a good price which may make it more appealing for people with the mp45 setup to upgrade.

Friday, March 06, 2009 9:06 AM
SinisterZ wrote:i might be possibly interested.

ditto

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE, i have already died once and im still here so lets just leave it on the track
Friday, March 06, 2009 10:25 AM
[ion wrote: C2]I have dimensions and drawings from my setup that he would probably ike.

The thottle body on the LSJ is electronic controlled. You need an adapter made for the MP62 --> LD9 throttle body, which I also have the drawing for that was used to make mine.

Im not a LD9 guy, so i dunno. But wouldnt it be possible to use the L61 eco T/B? -MD- LD9 is just about to realise his M62 - L61 T/B adaptor plate. As long as the TPS and IAC work, i dont see a problem.

Trevor Mullins wrote:

kind of like a screwed up kids sing along

pete the anal monkey lived in my bum..............

best epiosode of barney ever lol

Friday, March 06, 2009 11:40 AM
Of course you could.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Friday, March 06, 2009 7:06 PM
Well we are getting a little snow here and I went out for supper tonight...had to pick up a friend and her driveway was really narrow and when I pulled into her driveway my driver side tire when up about 2 feet over the snow bank and when it came down it landed on the running board/bottom of the truck...well it cause quite a bit of damage so I have to get that fixed...so this throws a big wrench into this for me...I'm not sure if OEM is wanting people to purchase the manifold first before they will make it or what...I'll have to assess the damage to the truck tomorrow when I can find out how much the parts are gonna be.

Well there seems like there is an interest in this so I hope OEM will design a manifold and hopefully I can get in on it when I get my truck fixed. I can't wait to this damn snow is gone. If they are requiring payment right away I may not be able to join in at this point but I am still gonna go through with trying to get this project started and I will stay in contact with OEM so if there are more people out there that are interested keep posting. The more people the cheaper the manifold.

Sunday, March 08, 2009 12:24 PM
you've got to be kidding, right?

a company finally steps up to make this badboy (vulcan) and most of the leg work has already been acomplished and once again j-body folk never cease to amaze...

you guys do realize vulcan ALREADY has an m62, already have the tb situation figured out AND are ready to begin production if a couple more people throw down some money?

wade jarvis has already dumped a lot of his efforts and not to mention MONEY into getting this done for us.

Needing 2.3 oil pump stuff? PM me...
Sunday, March 08, 2009 4:02 PM
This is true...It sucks that the 2 companies couldn't work together to get it done...but at this stage in the game if vulcan is gonna charge $1020 (maybe even more cause thats their pre-order price) and OEM is offering the same product at a potential price of $550, hell yes I'd like to save 500 bucks. Unless your a millionaire who wouldn't. I know an extra 500 bucks would come in handy to buy the supercharger and an intercooler.

Like I said, I don't know how much damage is done to the truck so I will have to wait and see how much that bill comes to. Chances are if vulcan finishes the manifold before summer I'll be interested in buying but depends how much I can get it done somewhere else. I'm pretty set to be running the mp62 setup next spring so I will be looking at getting a manifold for it and start buying for my engine rebuild for the fall. I've been saying this all along, I want to see what vulcan has to offer for product as do many other j-body members. If I like what I see then I may buy it. But over a $1000 (and the way the canadain dollar is its gonna be much more than that for me) is a little much to invest until a template or prototype comes out. Anyways, I hope vulvan will step up and finish the product cause the fact of the matter is that people don't seem to want to fork out the money and if thats what they are waiting for it may never happen.

Sunday, March 08, 2009 10:20 PM
We have basically EVERYTHING needed here to get the MP62 charger manifold done... probably in a week or two well get to wrenching on it, once the ball is rolling it wont stop til its a done design, just we've had everything else going on in the mean while.

Monday, March 09, 2009 9:04 AM
Vulcan Turbo, LLC wrote:We have basically EVERYTHING needed here to get the MP62 charger manifold done... probably in a week or two well get to wrenching on it, once the ball is rolling it wont stop til its a done design, just we've had everything else going on in the mean while.

Wicked...can't wait to see the manifold

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 7:02 PM
man.. if i hear wicked one more time i think my head is going to explode.

Needing 2.3 oil pump stuff? PM me...
Tuesday, March 10, 2009 7:17 PM
I feel the same way about "ill" now. Everyone's like "Man that's the illest thing I've seen!"

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Tuesday, March 10, 2009 8:37 PM
So, whats the word on this? Do you guys want me to build a manifold or no?

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search