fueline sizes - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fueline sizes
Wednesday, November 05, 2008 8:26 PM
on a 95 2.2 the supply line is 3/8ths and return is 5/16ths right?
thanks
jason

Re: fueline sizes
Thursday, November 06, 2008 6:36 AM
Are you trying to re-connect?

The lines only fit on one way.

Thursday, November 06, 2008 6:55 AM
you are correct, if you are buying some type of replacement lines, or line connectors etc. you would refer to the supply line as 3/8" and the return line as 5/16".

however- if you are trying to do some flow calculations, you must take into account the smaller ID ( Inner Diameter) of these lines... which is Supply- 1/4" and return 3/16" .

If you are doing fuel calculations, i can save you some trouble. I just flow tested my entire fuel system. I found the 3/16 ID return line can flow the entire quantity of fuel that is pumped from a Walbro 255, which is 70GPH. There was absolutely NO restriction in this size line, or the stock fuel regulator ( one a quad 4 anyways) The supply line is much bigger, therefore it will probably flow almost twice the amount the return line would flow. unless you need MORE fuel than one walbro 255 can deliver, there is absolutely no need to upgrade you fuel lines.

M90'd Built LGO-15 PSI
http://webstarts.com/quadper4mance
Thursday, November 06, 2008 11:26 AM
actually i am putting a aeromotive fuel regulator and top feed conversion in and extending one line and also extending the other.

thanks
jason

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search