In need of a Custom T25 flanged manifold - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
In need of a Custom T25 flanged manifold
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 7:49 PM
I have a T25 Garrett turbo and i need a manifold made that will bolt to the 2.4 head. trans is also automatic. so we may POSSIBLY be looking at space limitation but i doubt it so im not so much worried about that at the moment. anyone know anyplace that designs and/or fabricates custom manifolds? i was thinking if i cant get one professionally made i could probably take a stock 2.4L exhaust manifold flange, cut it off, and weld it to an SR20 turbo manifold. thats where the turbo came from by the way. now of course it would'nt be that simple. i know there are portmatching and all that required. but i dunno how it would line up yet, i havent really done much research on that idea, but hey, it was an idea lol. any help is appreciated. thanks in advance.

Re: In need of a Custom T25 flanged manifold
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 8:36 AM
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A LOG STYLE OR TUBULAR?
I CAN CUSTOM MAKE LOG STYLE MANIFOLDS!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 8:46 AM
IF YOUR INTERESTED, A LOG STYLE WOULD BE $350
COMPLETE 304 STAINLESS RUNNERS, EXHAUST FLANGE, AND TURBO FLANGE.
ALL WATER JET CUT! BELOW IS A PIC OF MY LN2 2200 LOG MANIFOLD THAT I MADE!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 8:52 AM
log would probably work best considering tubular would probably be too big. If you can make one to fit the 2.4L that would be great. $350 sounds reasonable. and looks like you did a pretty nice job with that one. so yeah im pretty interested.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 10:30 AM
YEAH, IT WOULD BE THE SAME APROXIMATE LAYOUT, AND I ALREADY HAVE THE FLANGE DESIGNED UP, JUST WOULD NEED A DEPOSIT TO GET IT STARTED.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 11:05 AM
We also could offer one, prices are a little lower. www.vulcanturbo.com check our website, we have a few pictures of them and the price listed.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 11:06 AM
Also, we have this manifold in stock... would ship with 1-3 business days of order.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 11:30 AM
JUST REMEMBER MINE IS FULLY 304 S/S ..... VULCANS ISNT LAST TIME I CHECKED
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 12:48 PM
Yup you are correct... we tested a few manifolds with stainless head flanges, however since the stainless has such a large amount of expansion rate it causes problems. We switched to mild steel 1/2" thick flanges instead and have had 0 problem since! Never had a manifold crack.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 3:00 PM
i checked out Vulcanturbos website. it doesnt look like they have the T25 flange available for the 2.4 LD9. says available flanges are T2, T3, T4, TD05 DSM. unless they want to design another one with the T25 on it. so let me know if you guys can do that Vulcan and ill let ya know if ill buy one. but so far looks like Phil can give me what i want unless Vulcan can produce it with the flange i need.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 3:06 PM
The T2 turbo flange is actually the T25 flange, We list it as the T2 because a few different turbos use it, T25, T28, a lot of GT series turbos, ect.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 3:11 PM
now that i think about it you're right lol i remember reading that somewhere on a SR20 forum lol. ok so ill order one with a T2 flange then. thanks now i need to worry about my next part of the turbo project now that the manifold is out of the way. ill probably order it either this friday or next
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search