verification needed - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
verification needed
Sunday, July 27, 2008 11:02 PM
searched and got mixed results, i just want to get verification that i can go to a 3" pulley and still use the GM reflash with the 36lb injectors. i dont have my wideband hooked up yet because im unsure where i can go to get the o2 sensor bung welded into my downpipe. im just worried about it leaning out at WOT.. dont want to pop my new motor

thanks

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]

Re: verification needed
Monday, July 28, 2008 9:49 AM
I would like to know too. Thats what Im working towards by the end of this season.

Im thinking:

-Good heat exchanger
-Intake
-Header and exhaust

..... and you would be fine.

"California Domestics" was running the stock tune and injectors with the 3" and said he had no problems, I think Phlatcav (proffesor J) was too.

"Go Before Show Yo."
CARCUSTOMS.NET, THE BEST SERVICE ON THE ORG!!!
Monday, July 28, 2008 12:51 PM
Personally, I wouldn't run that without a wideband for verification. Every car is different. I'd say wait until you can go to any little muffler shop and have them weld it in first. Rather be safe than sorry....atleast thats how I think.
I know boost is addictive lol but why risk a built motor over a small mistake right?

Monday, July 28, 2008 1:41 PM
^What he said... It takes just as much effort to call around about getting that done then ordering the 3" pulley. Any local muffler shop should be able to do it without a problem. Just make sure that you know where on the system you need it welded before you go in.

Monday, July 28, 2008 2:54 PM
I haves seen some people on here switch out to the smaller 3.1 to 3.0 pulley with no other changes and vehicles run fine. I have considered this.

Monday, July 28, 2008 2:57 PM
probably getting that wideband bung welded in tonight so ill be able to put the guage in and all that so i can monitor the AFR

thanks for the input guys

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Monday, July 28, 2008 4:49 PM
I have been running the 3.0 pulley for over a year now with no problems

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search