v-bands? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
v-bands?
Saturday, February 23, 2008 5:44 PM
Im looking to do my whole exhaust and turbo back all with v-bands. It seems like a sweet and clen way to go. Im curious though how good they seal, any special precations and such, how they are over time and stuff like that. Any help would be great..phil

Re: v-bands?
Saturday, February 23, 2008 7:34 PM
They make downpipes V-Band, they make dump tubes V-Band, now they have turbos which are V-Band... you will be fine for V-Band for your exhaust system...

Saturday, February 23, 2008 11:46 PM
^^ ok cool.is there a good place to get them from? Im looking for 3" id since im doing a 3" downpipe and exhaust.
Sunday, February 24, 2008 5:50 AM
My turbo uses a V-BAND and I like it.
Sunday, February 24, 2008 7:59 AM
yah..im going to use atp's 2.5" 4 bolts flange tp 3" vband and then go 3" downpipe from that
Sunday, February 24, 2008 10:16 AM
uhm, why not weld?

Sunday, February 24, 2008 10:22 AM
weld what?
Sunday, February 24, 2008 10:50 AM
z yaaaa wrote:uhm, why not weld?

Philly D wrote:weld what?

Why use v-bands to build your exhaust instead of welding it together
Sunday, February 24, 2008 11:03 AM
I am welding it together. But i want to have my downpipe seperate, and also i want a vband instead of muffler clamps for the rear section on my custom tubes 3" exhaust
Monday, February 25, 2008 6:01 AM
Vibrant makes good V-band kits, thats what I run on my car. Also if your turbo came with a 4 bolt flange then just leave it at that. Nothing looks more hacked IMO than a 4 bolt flange with a V-band flange welded to it just so you can say you have V-bands, sorry if that offends you but thats my opinion. I think it would look much better if you just welded on a step up peice that would bring it up to 3" from the 4 bolt flange and leave it at that. If you want V-band bad enough off the turbo then get an exhaust housing that has a V-band outlet built into it. Again these are just my thoughts on the subject, it's your car though so do what makes you happy.

Quoth the Raven 'Nevermore
raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Wednesday, February 27, 2008 12:52 AM
I use v-bands on my SRT and haven't had any problems. It's really convenient and easy to take apart.

Veritas Aequitas

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 8:21 AM
Kyle Sheldon wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:uhm, why not weld?

Philly D wrote:weld what?

Why use v-bands to build your exhaust instead of welding it together

Most people like to have the option to take the downpipe off whenever they like.. That goes for me, My downpipe is clamped to the turbo, then I have a V-Band clamp holding the end of the DP to the exhaust.

I got my Stainless steel Vband for the DP from Jegs. Comes with two rings you weld to either side of what you want clamped. Then clamp that summa biotch togetha

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search