top feed questions - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
top feed questions
Thursday, February 21, 2008 9:28 PM
hey everyone, i have been doing a lot of research on the top feed converting, i have a 95 2.2 ohv motor that i have done eagle h beam rods and je .20 over pistons in, i have plans to boost up to 12psi, i am probley going to use the 2.3 fuel rail, i need to know which injectors would be the best and how much modification they will require to fit, and also how to wire the injectors, do i use my stock 95 harness? and what colors on the old harness go to the new injectors?
thanks
gmto2nr
jason

Re: top feed questions
Friday, February 22, 2008 3:31 AM
http://www.rceng.com/technical.htm

check out that site to figure out what size you need, and go on ebay to look for a set of Bosch injectors.

in terms of modification you are going to have to do some heavy 'modiphuckation' to the intake manifold in order to utilize the 2.3 fuel rail. It is almost not worth it these days, and it is a ton easier to use the 2200 rail, and drilling/machining out the already existent injector bung. Otherwise you will have to grind out whats there and weld injector bungs in to achieve the same angle as the 2.3 rail (90 degrees). Theres no point. Find a 2200 rail at the wreckers, and use that.

also, while you're at the wreckers, grab an injector wiring harness from a 2200. It is easy to match up the colors on the wire on the harness side, and from there you can decide which is - and which is +. (generally red/pink is +, black is -)

Friday, February 22, 2008 10:41 AM
I was always under the impression i didn't matter which was you wired them, in terms of + and -, since injectors are just resistors. The clips i bought, both wires where white, so I just wired them up to the correct injector and i was good to go.
Sunday, February 24, 2008 10:10 AM
Kyle Sheldon wrote:I was always under the impression i didn't matter which was you wired them, in terms of + and -, since injectors are just resistors. The clips i bought, both wires where white, so I just wired them up to the correct injector and i was good to go.
They are inductors, not resistors. But no, it shouldn't matter which way they are wired up (although some Bosch injectors do actually specify + and -).

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search