boosting 4-6 psi on stock internals...? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
boosting 4-6 psi on stock internals...?
Thursday, February 21, 2008 5:50 PM
I have a 98 cavalier with a 2200 SFI. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to boost it with a T3 turbo on 4-6 psi, with stock internals?
Of course i will do head gasket and fuel injectors and all. What other precautions should I take in doing this modification? Other than the rods and pistons which I do not want to swap out. Any help would be much appreciated... thanks.

If life starts to pass you by, Downshift!

Re: boosting 4-6 psi on stock internals...?
Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:10 PM
As long as you are doing supportive fuel mods, with a good tune you should be able to do atleast 8-10 psi with a good tune...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Friday, February 22, 2008 10:28 PM
What size injectors would be suitable for this application of, say... 7 psi? And what do you mean by a good tune? I m going to do ecu work and stuff, and get my boost down and everything... but what else? And do you think i need a high flow fuel pump or anything?

If life starts to pass you by, Downshift!

Saturday, February 23, 2008 8:25 AM
Im pretty sure there is a search button so you don't have to create 3 posts all at once in the same forum asking questions that have been answered a million times over, but I could be wrong.

Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Downpipe w/ Cutout | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Monday, February 25, 2008 4:03 AM
hey i have a 2.4 and just did a ton of resurch so insted of gitting bashed i'll help ya out...
ne whos, yes with boost i would run 7-8 psi and get it tuned with hpt(horse power tuners) if you don't have the prog i'd find someone who does. as far as a head gasket there good up intill 15 or so psi so don't wast your money or time changing it. your fule pump should be ok but if you want one to be safe get a walbro 255 intank off e-bay.but like i said you should be ok mine is good for 300hp i think so i am not sure what yours is rated for. injectors you will have to research and see what ppl are using i have cobolt ss injectors.your down pipe you will have to fab your self and you will need to get sum oil lines either made or off e-bay and youll need a intercooler. the rest you probley know if not just ask me. and i am wrong on ne thing speek up.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search