just one quick ?.... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
just one quick ?....
Friday, June 08, 2007 2:26 PM
Ok, i have a sunbird, non-turbo that i was going to turbo, and someone told me that the turbo blocks have oil passages for the oil to get back from the turbo to the pan.. anyway, on my block, i found a hole w/ a little plastic plug in it... that doesnt stay in too well by the way lol... and pulled it out, and turned the block over, and theres a brass i beleive it is thing of metal covering that hole, but it leads into the block... it that where the oil return would be on the turbo block? they just covered it up with that on the non-turbo? im pretty sure theres threads on each side too.. on the outside of the block.. not 100%.. would have to look... but if this is the oil return for the turbo.. could i just drill that out and use it for my oil return?? thanks in advance for help, it is appriciated..

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"

Re: just one quick ?....
Saturday, June 09, 2007 4:18 AM
If I were you I would just order the oil lines from GM, perhaps they have a diagram that shows that too. That way, you can retain those threads, and NOT have to drill them out.
Saturday, June 09, 2007 10:14 AM
noo... i didnt mean drill the threads out.. sorry if it was worded like that... i meant, you know how the oil line on the turbo like bolts in? i was thinking maybe thats what that was for.. theres threads, and this leads the the oil pan... so i was thinking, maybe i could drill the brass/copper peice out if thats where the oil return is on the turbo blocks so i would have it for an oil return when i go turbo.. instead of having to drill the oil return into the oil pan..

Monday, June 11, 2007 8:06 PM
I can take a pic and post it if that helps....???? just tell me what all to take a pic of...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search