cavalier 2.2 OHV CT 26 supra turbo - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cavalier 2.2 OHV CT 26 supra turbo
Friday, June 08, 2007 10:21 PM
putting a turbo from a 87-92 supra on the 2.2. i read alot about this.
i had to move the radiator forward.
make a bunch of custom stuff.
but just look at the pictures:
there are a few more goodies coming up, like two injectors in the intake manifold, that will fire with the others, to add more fuel.
running a piggy back system.
only going to run 5LBS of boost, this seems to be a good number.

what kind of times you guys think im going to get?
HP?
going to get a dyno shortly here and do a quarter mile run
when im done im going to be selling it
it's got a rebuilt engine that had 100k from a sunfire plus a new 3 speed autotranny with under 60k
there will be more pictures i just have yet to upload them.
i want to get it done.

facts can be verified through repeatable experiments.

Re: cavalier 2.2 OHV CT 26 supra turbo
Friday, June 08, 2007 10:35 PM
oh my ghetto ..fabulous..lol..
Friday, June 08, 2007 11:02 PM
heck yeah man, it's a cavalier, the best thing is the boost in on a rheostat, so if i want to turn it up till it explodes i can. these are so cheap i could blow an engine a month for a year and it's still cheaper than the mods my brother has on his supra. and way cheaper than my uncles 2JZ MKIII supra.
im just glad i have a shop to use with a lift.
I wanted to be able to compete in the class i put myself in after adding the subframes.
it's going to remain stock looking though with the exception of the inter cooler in the front.
i pretty much just want to sell it to get something with more potential.

Saturday, June 09, 2007 4:19 AM
hack

Saturday, June 09, 2007 4:37 AM
if you're going to sel it, you're not going to near as much as you think if you're planning on selling it built w/ turbo...

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Saturday, June 09, 2007 10:47 AM
I see problems with the alternator, water pump in the way, the left exhaust runner will be completly in the way of the downpipe, the spearco intercooler is good... but it doesn't look like you can fit the intercooler piping togather, safc doesn't work, headlights won't fit, front bumper wont fit. having to cut up a support frame just to fit the turbo in, isn't going to be sellable.
I didn't post what was under my hood, untill it was shiny!

Saturday, June 09, 2007 1:25 PM
WoW

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, June 09, 2007 5:51 PM
is that a 4-3 exhaust mani??

this is kinda weird cuz i just found my busted ass old CT-26 last night. it needs to be sold and rebuilt or thrown in the trash lol

Saturday, June 09, 2007 8:36 PM
Turbo manifold of the year........

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Saturday, June 09, 2007 8:47 PM
Its what it would look like if it was a factory option come on guys!

Good luck with the setup, altho I dont agree with the indespensible motor thing, then again with 1 car and 1 small streched income, i guess i cant.
Sunday, June 10, 2007 1:19 PM
Quote:

Ummm... no. This is what a factory manifold would look like.

This was modeled after a factory turbo J car (except for the ugly but cheap air filter).

The one above was molested by a drunk MIG welder.

Sunday, June 10, 2007 1:46 PM
slowolej wrote:
Quote:

Ummm... no. This is what a factory manifold would look like.

This was modeled after a factory turbo J car (except for the ugly but cheap air filter).

The one above was molested by a drunk MIG welder.

look again,.. that used to be a stock manifold... I think, 90% sure

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Sunday, June 10, 2007 6:20 PM
slowolej was saying that if the turbo had been a factory option, the manifold was more likely to look like this:

than this:

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Sunday, June 10, 2007 6:50 PM
oh, good call

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Monday, June 11, 2007 9:20 PM
the CT26 is a 3S-GTE MR-2 turbo. the 7M-GTE Supras used a CT27
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 4:06 PM
toyotaz87 wrote:the CT26 is a 3S-GTE MR-2 turbo. the 7M-GTE Supras used a CT27

You have no idea do you? The ct26 did come on the 7mgte. I should know We have two mkiiis here....

Anyway.
More of my "ghetto" work. I think I might just make a whole new mani and use a t3/t4 turbo. should fit better.
Heres a wire harness in the making from start to finish for the safc to get to the ecu.

And this is what the front will look like. (its not all back together yet.(obviously)
Wednesday, June 13, 2007 4:42 AM
Woops! Guess I didn't migrate everything to my new ISP correctly. And it looks like the old one finally removed me web page.

manifold...

modeled after factory turbo J car

-->Slow
Wednesday, June 13, 2007 5:19 PM
Quote:

You have no idea do you?

well, I guess i'll check on TIS at work tomorrow. If you don't know what that is, maybe you shouln't be talking $#!+. I know for sure that the stock mk. II MR2 turbo came with a ct26. from numerous conversations with other Toyota Techs, I understood that the single-turbo Supras came with the ct27.
Thursday, June 14, 2007 7:52 AM
toyotaz87 wrote:
Quote:

You have no idea do you?

well, I guess i'll check on TIS at work tomorrow. If you don't know what that is, maybe you shouln't be talking $#!+. I know for sure that the stock mk. II MR2 turbo came with a ct26. from numerous conversations with other Toyota Techs, I understood that the single-turbo Supras came with the ct27.

Since I have personally never heard of a ct27 I looked it up. Its the name ATS gave an upgraded ct26 from what I can see. Us supra guys just call them a 60:1 trim ct26 You sir need to learn a bit more about supras.
Thursday, June 14, 2007 8:44 AM
DaFlyinSkwirl (PJ) - BPU++ wrote:is that a 4-3 exhaust mani??

this is kinda weird cuz i just found my busted ass old CT-26 last night. it needs to be sold and rebuilt or thrown in the trash lol

looking at it...It looks like a 4-1-2-1 manifold...The pipe in the center is probably for the wastegate...or it's an extremely odd place for a dump pipe.

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Thursday, June 14, 2007 10:04 AM
what's so hard to understand, its the stock mani. with a 'downpipe' if you will custom made into a turbo flange.

Thursday, June 14, 2007 1:31 PM
I think what's hard to see is that the added plenum is not on the same plane as the manifold, so the triple pipes carry exhaust forward to the plenum. What looks like an exit pipe on the bottom of the plenum is really looped around from the bottom of the factory manifold. A side view would be very helpful (hint, hint).

I'm just wondering how the resonant harmonics of the 3 pipe system will work. That might be a bit interesting.

-->Slow
Thursday, June 14, 2007 1:50 PM
i bet that third pipe in the center is for the wastegate.

Monday, June 18, 2007 7:27 PM
Quote:

Since I have personally never heard of a ct27 I looked it up. Its the name ATS gave an upgraded ct26 from what I can see. Us supra guys just call them a 60:1 trim ct26 You sir need to learn a bit more about supras.

yeah, my mistake. the guy that told me about the ct27 had it on his MR2 and said that it was a Supra turbo. as far as learning more about supras, i'll worry about that when i get one or otherwise have to work on one.
anyway, would the MR2 turbo be better matched to the 2.2ohv since it's built for a 2.0L dohc engine instead of a 3.0L dohc? I don't really know the specs of the the turbos (A/R, trim, etc.), but i assume that the 3S turbo would be more responsive, while the 7M turbo would have more potential for max. airflow. I guess it depends what you're going for...
Saturday, June 30, 2007 6:33 AM
lots of speculation and opinions, crazyness i tell you. yes there is problems with the alternator and waterpump, im using some 2.2 truck version parts to accomodate, as for asthetics and shiny issue i could care less, like i said it's a cavalier. anyone ever put injectors in the intake manifold? every connect them so they fire sequentially? ? ? speculation sucks though really. if you get my drif. and yeah we chopped up a stock manifold laying around from my old engine. ghetto ponies. i acually had to take the turbo off for now unti i have the rest of the supplies, to do this the right way. anyone got any air/fuel numbers for a project like this??

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search