turbo help - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
turbo help
Friday, June 08, 2007 5:58 PM
ok i got a 99 z24 2.4 motor i cant find a turbo kit and i cant even find a turbo manifold for the motor so cant even make my own kit look everywhere and i live in toronto not a lot of z24 around just honda's

Re: turbo help
Friday, June 08, 2007 6:06 PM
Friday, June 08, 2007 6:15 PM
will this one work wit a t3/t4 turbo ?
Friday, June 08, 2007 6:27 PM
or even a complete turbo kit will really help and give me less headache's and less fabing to do
Saturday, June 09, 2007 10:03 AM
yes that manifold will work for a t3/t4. just make sure to size the turbo to the car. i believer there are only two kits around for our cars. I know turbonetics is just about to release one. But its set to 4psi untuned. CRAP!!!! there isn;t that much fabrication involved really. I built my system and did run into a few things but nothing mayjor. the only thing you will have to get fabricated is your downpipe and charge pipes. i changed that exhaust manifold that yuou want to accept an external wastegate. the downpipe was a pain in the ass to make though with that dump tube. Start making friends now at your local muffler shop. Cash under the table will save you alot hahaha
Saturday, June 09, 2007 10:14 AM
Saturday, June 09, 2007 7:10 PM
thank's for the site never knew they made so much stuff for the car
Saturday, June 09, 2007 7:18 PM
DO NOT BUY FROM MAXIMUM BOOST.

i really wish people would start searching this site for information.

Quote:

thank's for the site never knew they made so much stuff for the car

thats because he DOESNT make stuff for our cars. you get random pieces he buys from ebay, marks up the cost about 200%, and tosses a few elbows in. no r&d whatsoever. you WONT get a kit that fits your specific car from him. JUST DONT DO IT.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, June 09, 2007 7:21 PM

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Saturday, June 09, 2007 7:21 PM
Ive heard not to order from maximum boost... I believe its just a kit pieced together very much the same way you would have if you bought the parts yourself... Ive heard that the piping and whatever is generic and needs to be cut and put together anyways... Id say buy the seperate parts and do it yourself... theres a great sticky about what all is needed to turbo a J on the top of this page. Id start there.

With the LD9 I think youre biggest problem will be finding an exhaust manifold to bolt a turbo up to, but if youve found one, then Id say youre hardest piece is obtained.

Just from what Ive read, Id saty away from maximimboos.net, Im sure someone will be in here to agree eventually
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search