GM S/C Kit IAT sensor location?? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM S/C Kit IAT sensor location??
Wednesday, June 06, 2007 7:41 AM
In regards to the GM Supercharger kit installed on my 2000 2.4L, I am trying to physically locate the Intake air temp sensor (IAT). On the S/C kit parts list I noticed the air duct plug (#88960479) and air temp sensor wire loom (#12051375). SInce I had a GM dealership install the kit, I am assuming the kit requires relocating the IAT sensor?

My question - where is the IAT now located (as per factory kit installation) since the air duct mount is plugged? Can someone please post a quick pic or discribe the new location? I found the MAP sensor, IAC valve, and TP sensor locations around the TB.

Re: GM S/C Kit IAT sensor location??
Wednesday, June 06, 2007 8:33 AM
Bottom of the charger manifold. Lay under your car, like your doing a oil change...... you'll see it.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 10:53 AM
ya the sensor is the one only 2 wire sensor you can see under the supercharger. there wont be a part number in the s/c book because you re-use the original one when you install the supercharger.
Wednesday, June 06, 2007 4:56 PM
Driver's side of the manifold, down beside where the MAP hose connects to the charger.

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Wednesday, June 06, 2007 7:55 PM
Thanks Brian and all,

That explains why I could not see it from the top.

Friday, June 08, 2007 8:21 PM
To All,

Thanks again, the IAT sensor was beyond dead, but the new one is now running good.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search