oil filter sandwich, says it will, but whats the truth.. oil feed line... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
oil filter sandwich, says it will, but whats the truth.. oil feed line...
Monday, June 04, 2007 2:49 PM
anybody know if this will do what it claims to? to me it looks like an awesome product and like it would work rather well. dont know anything about how much pressure the block feeds the filter location and such, i could only see that as being an issue.

Sandwich

meh... its too low for a feed line, not to mention its REALLY far from where the turbo goes. would work pretty good i think for the sensors and such though. that way you wouldnt need to have all that shiit on top of the engine where the oil feed needs to go (sending unti in the intake cam tower) at least it would clean up that area, that oil sensor sender unit for most gauges is rather large.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, June 04, 2007 3:00 PM

Re: oil filter sandwich, says it will, but whats the truth.. oil feed line...
Monday, June 04, 2007 3:41 PM
hey not to thread jack but thats a cool gadget i wonder if that would work on my 2200 i might get it and try it thanks for the find
Monday, June 04, 2007 4:04 PM
I am curious about this too...
Monday, June 04, 2007 4:38 PM
i am getting one and i'll let you know how it is when it comes in. plus i have bought guages from these people before and they are pretty nice. everyone who is in my car likes them the best
Monday, June 04, 2007 5:21 PM
Hah very nice, but no love for the ecotec

Monday, June 04, 2007 5:52 PM
its a good idea but don't get to excited i can see one very bad flaw your going to be pumping unfiltered oil to what ever u hook up to it....... sorry
Monday, June 04, 2007 7:19 PM
would it be really any more unfilterd if it was tapped into the block instead
Monday, June 04, 2007 8:25 PM
if u tap into the normal spot on the ld9 (cam tower) the oil is 100% filtered if u tap into the sandwich the oil is sucked out of the pan along with any metal,carbon,dirt,slug basically anything that could or is lying in your pan than pumped out of your oil pump into the sandwich and then to your acsesories stuff like gages or sensors will most likely be ok maybe shorten there life a little but stuff like a turbo has a hydraulic bearing or ball bearings is not going to last very long its no different then running your motor with no oil filter or air filter but in the turbos case most have little catch screens were your oil line goes on so if unfiltered oil is going into it you will probably plug it off and burn the turbo out due to no oil long before the bearing wears out from dirty oil.
Tuesday, June 05, 2007 9:19 AM
actually, these setups pull oil right from the filter, so it is brand spanking filtered oil, and being that this is not one used for an oil cooler, it should work perfect. (the ones for oil coolers are thermostatically controlled, so you dont get oil flow until your oil reaches 150*). But these pass the oil through the extension piece into the filter, and then through the plate to whatever accesories are on it.....and you should be able to get different inserts to fit different threaded oil filters, so 2200 and 2.4 could use it, sorry eco's.
Tuesday, June 05, 2007 3:08 PM
well i ordered on we shall see how it works lol
Wednesday, June 06, 2007 10:59 AM
LEVI wrote:if u tap into the normal spot on the ld9 (cam tower) the oil is 100% filtered if u tap into the sandwich the oil is sucked out of the pan along with any metal,carbon,dirt,slug basically anything that could or is lying in your pan than pumped out of your oil pump into the sandwich and then to your acsesories stuff like gages or sensors will most likely be ok maybe shorten there life a little but stuff like a turbo has a hydraulic bearing or ball bearings is not going to last very long its no different then running your motor with no oil filter or air filter but in the turbos case most have little catch screens were your oil line goes on so if unfiltered oil is going into it you will probably plug it off and burn the turbo out due to no oil long before the bearing wears out from dirty oil.

you might want to rethink what your saying here poncho.......

The Oil Feed to the filter comes in threw the center (threaded piece)...... goes into the filter, filter does its filtering thing, then flows back threw the spacer into the block......

Only thing I would look for, if this comes with multiple threaded adapter pieces....... the 2.2/2200ohv and 2.4 have different thread for the filters (the 2.3 shares the 2.2/2200 pattern)

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 11:05 AM
The threaded piece is just a fitting, and the kit should come with (or have available), different fitting for use on different oil filters. at least my oil cooler came with about 7 different ones.
Wednesday, June 06, 2007 7:53 PM
no i think u might want to re think it "poncho" giving 2 thumbs up on a product that is going to cause lots of people headache and major down time / money loss because u don't know how a oil filter works is not cool here are three facts 1.oil goes in the multiple holes on a oil filter and out the center 2. the sandwich will send unfiltered oil to what ever u hook to it 3. i only give advice when I'm sure the info true
Thursday, June 07, 2007 12:26 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:Levi is right. Use inline oil filters if using this to feed a Turbo.

Only thing I would look for, if this comes with multiple threaded adapter pieces....... the 2.2/2200ohv and 2.4 have different thread for the filters (the 2.3 shares the 2.2/2200 pattern)

Fixed it...... not sure wtf I was thinking at the time......

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, June 07, 2007 3:19 PM
i was wondering i dont know much about the 2.4 but i couldnt imagine this would filter any less than where everyone else has been plunging into the 2200 am i wrong
Friday, June 08, 2007 2:59 PM
If i remember right the 2.4 can use the same application as LS1s.

Why not just get a remote filter kit instead of the sandwich. That way you can run the larger filters and tap anything you wanted into the line. Not to mention the added oil capacity and ease of oil changes. Thats what I did and would do it again the second time around.

- 97 Z24 Racecar work in progress
- 04 WRX STi
ATR Crew Member
Saturday, June 09, 2007 8:01 AM
Atomic wrote:If i remember right the 2.4 can use the same application as LS1s.

Why not just get a remote filter kit instead of the sandwich. That way you can run the larger filters and tap anything you wanted into the line. Not to mention the added oil capacity and ease of oil changes. Thats what I did and would do it again the second time around.

X100000

i freaking HATE changing my oil on my 2.4's. mess all over the side of the oil pan FTMFL

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search