Super purchase - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Super purchase
Sunday, June 03, 2007 4:12 PM
I posted in the performance section that I have started up my 2005 sunfire project. My end goal for this year is to have a supercharger setup installed sometime in september or october. However, I'm not certain what all modifications I need to make other than the ones I have planned so far. Here is a list of what I have written down, does anyone have any suggestions on additional parts / modifications I need to make? I'm still reading alot, but considering the size of the project I'd like to get the opinions of people who have done this mod before, as experience defeats theory (bull$hit walks is true) every day of the week.

1. AEM CAI
2. Motor mounts
3. Pro Stop Rotors
4. RK Sport 4-2-1 Header (Ceramic Coated)
5. Magnaflow cat-back system
6. Magnaflow modified catalytic converter
7. RK Sport ECOTEC Underdrive Crank Pulley
8. Anti-sway Kit
9. Suspension adjustments (not selected yet).

Re: Super purchase
Sunday, June 03, 2007 4:33 PM
My advise is buy the supercharger kit first and get all that other crap later on. I wish I had known better.

Sunday, June 03, 2007 4:53 PM
Really? Is it because its easier to install without the extra parts in the way, or what?
Sunday, June 03, 2007 5:19 PM
Because 95% of the people here blow their money on bolt ons which don't amount to much the first two or so years they are modding, IMO they would have more fun w/ an S/C on a stock configured vehicle if they are looking to race.

Monday, June 04, 2007 8:02 PM
Are the engine internals rated for that kind of a boost? Mind you, its not my "daily" car, but I do drive it quite a bit (I love my car ) and I'd like to avoid any complications in a few months with needing a cherry picker to fix something that went brokededed. (Sometimes stupid words sound better .... you do it to.)
Monday, June 04, 2007 8:19 PM
The internals will be fine. My advise is get an AEM cold air intake, then save up and get the supercharger. You will have fun driving with just the intake, and then you can still use it when you get the s/c. I have a K&N intake now, and am saving for the s/c and then am going to get the aem cai when I get the s/c.

Monday, June 04, 2007 8:24 PM
That sounds pretty good. I'm going to add anti-sway bars and an alarm / auto-entry kit while I wait for the s/c as well. I was wondering about the internals because someone posted on my performance post (I organized my questions based on section like a good nub ) that my internals would go out quick if i added an s/c to the stock parts. I didn't know if he was right however, so I threw it out to the forum that would know the most.
Monday, June 04, 2007 8:40 PM
The stock internals will handle up to 300hp; the s/c with some bolt ons will put you around 225hp (maybe more). But you shouldn't have to worry. There are plenty of people on here running the eco s/c on otherwise stock engines (even stock intake/exhaust). One person that pops into my head is alias1429. He has the s/c (intercooled) with pretty much an exhaust and is a very fast car. You might talk to him; he's very helpful.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search