3.0 pulley and Eco SC - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
3.0 pulley and Eco SC
Friday, June 01, 2007 12:33 PM
I'm getting ready to order my 3.0 pulley and need to make sure for those who are running this that the stock tensioner is good to go?

I've read for about an hour or so and seems there are a couple out there and they never changed the tensioner...anyone have somethign to add?

I can get a new tensioner from a couple places and may just do it anyway but wanted to see what those that have this have to say?

Thanks.

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?

Re: 3.0 pulley and Eco SC
Friday, June 01, 2007 12:40 PM
dont no from experience but with my 3.1 it was still a pain 2 get the belt on. so i would like 2 think u would still b ok with the stock tensioner and the 3.0 pulley.

http://www.myspace.com/xtremegravity http://cardomain.com/ride/833995

Friday, June 01, 2007 12:46 PM
How's your A/F with the 3.1?

I'm seeing mid 11s out of mine right now and sometimes high 10s! I'd think I'd be fine dropping to the 3.0.....

The tensioner is the only question....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, June 01, 2007 12:47 PM

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Friday, June 01, 2007 2:18 PM
i dont no my a/fs havent gotten a wideband yet.

http://www.myspace.com/xtremegravity http://cardomain.com/ride/833995

Friday, June 01, 2007 2:47 PM
you can always get the GM stage 2 belt from the LSJ stage 2 kit , its made for a 3.0 pulley

you just have to remove 1 rib on it

Friday, June 01, 2007 3:02 PM
[quote=97trd(???™)]you can always get the GM stage 2 belt from the LSJ stage 2 kit , its made for a 3.0 pulley

you just have to remove 1 rib on it

Yep...found that info on here. Thanks.

I was wondering if I could run the same tensioner too...maybe use the one in teh kit and drop down to the GM Stage II belt?

Friday, June 01, 2007 3:30 PM
gm doesnt do anything with the tensioner , the stage 2 belt is smaller to go with the smaller pulley

or you can do the larger pulley on a modified tensioner , and run the belt the kit comes with

Friday, June 01, 2007 9:41 PM
I had a 3" pulley on my car for a while, the tensioner was fine.

The 14.7:1 under wot was not. Make sure you raise you have fuel mods....

Saturday, June 02, 2007 11:08 AM
Admiral Jedi wrote:I had a 3" pulley on my car for a while, the tensioner was fine.

The 14.7:1 under wot was not. Make sure you raise you have fuel mods....

Really? My A/F now is in the 11s! Changing the pulley to 3.0 did that to yours or where you already running good (12s) A/Fs?

Sunday, June 03, 2007 1:20 PM
You are fine with the 3.0" and the stock belt and stock tensioner. I been running the 3" for a long time with no slipping and my a/fs are plenty good. I actually have lowered my fuel pressures to 35psi at idle and 45psi at WOT to try and maintain 11.5:1 but these pressures are with water/meth injection. I still see 10:1 from time to time though. The reflash tries pretty hard to maintain overly rich conditions. I have a 2.9" now and still not even close to running into fuel issues. Like Ive said in other posts your stock engine will give up before your reflash will. Anything under the 3" pulley though you should think about the smaller belt or the tensioner bracket mods available through most of the more major pulley manufactures for around a $100. Even with the 2.9" no slipping.

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Sunday, June 03, 2007 2:06 PM
Thanks! You mined sending me a PM with your AFPR hookup?

Or email me...

Sunday, June 03, 2007 3:54 PM
With the stock pulley, with my current pulley, I've been seeing an afr of 10:1. With the 3", I was leeeeeean. wtf? lol

Oh well.

Monday, June 04, 2007 8:23 AM
Admiral Jedi wrote:With the stock pulley, with my current pulley, I've been seeing an afr of 10:1. With the 3", I was leeeeeean. wtf? lol

Oh well.

Current? What are you running?

Also..how's that dual pass endplate working on temps?

How hard to install? Extra parts you had to buy?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, June 04, 2007 8:24 AM

Monday, June 04, 2007 8:43 AM
The dual pass works great! Install was a pita because everything had to come off. If your plans are a 3" or lower, I would do it.

Right now, I'm on the 3.2" pulley. My afr is low 10's.
I really don't get on it, because I think I'm having valve float issues and they're causing me to knock.

New head coming soon though.

Monday, June 04, 2007 9:48 AM
Those of you with a 3.0" or smaller, how much boost are you seeing?

I saw ~15 lbs on my 3"....

Monday, June 04, 2007 8:13 PM
13-15 psi depending on ambient temps. It's been really hot here lately like over 100'F and I still see 14 psi with 125'F intake temps. at night the intake temps drop a lot and the boost will climb to 15psi with the 3"............................................2.9" not an issue hitting 15psi and climbs to 16psi

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 3:09 AM
Well...think I'm going to go with the 3.1 to start and see what everythign reads and then step down as I progress with the build.

I want to see a few more psi right now and looking at my temps and afrs, I should be able to step it to a 3.1 pretty easy....

Thanks for the help guys and I'll let you know how it goes!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 8:43 AM
Good luck!

Sunday, June 10, 2007 10:26 PM
3" pulley from the cobalt SS stage 1 kit ? do you use the same injector that the same kit?

Sunday, June 10, 2007 10:50 PM
^^^^^^^

No.................. Most people are using a modular pulley system on their SCs that are available from various companies. No............................ Im using the same 36lb GMPP Inj. that come with the SC kit, as are most others. I would like to however put 39lb or 42lb Inj. on soon.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search