getting m45, but i need help - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
getting m45, but i need help
Thursday, May 31, 2007 11:54 PM
I'm going to be purchasing the gmsc for my z24 in about a month and a half from now.. .my motor currently has 112k on it. i also have another 2.4 that im going to be rebuilding for the use of the sc..in which i will add about a 50 shot and alky injection...my main question is should i be ok with the sc on until next yr? i don't drive it extremely hard and i haven't had any serious problems... i wanna take it to the track a few times but nothin too serious, i shouldbe ok right?

Re: getting m45, but i need help
Friday, June 01, 2007 12:36 AM
it all depends... i put a gm supercharger on my sisters 2000 cavy with the 2.4L and had it re-flashed and every thing before i drove it and it blew up with in 300kms after the tune was on it (it was an auto too, so it wasnt even like it was being over reved and such)... and that engine had 115,000kms i believe... but i dont know how well the last owner took care of it as far as doing more then just the normal oil change.. and i know it was driven hard...

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Friday, June 01, 2007 6:34 AM
i got mobil 1 in it, and i'm goin to be gettin those small services that are suggested... i mean, shouldn't it be good for a yr at least?

Friday, June 01, 2007 6:45 AM
I have put 11000 miles on my charger so far. Stock motor. Hope to go much further so I would say you should be OK.

Labrat
Friday, June 01, 2007 9:33 AM
The supercharger will not fail and it will not cause your engine to fail. If your engine does go it is because 2.4 just tend to spin rod bearing not because of the supercharger.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Friday, June 01, 2007 10:54 AM
my 00 had 100,000 on it when i put mine on , i hated the afr with the 30lb injectors , i went no lower than 13.0 under wide open

after i put the 36lb LSJ(2.0 eco s/c) injectors my afr dropped to 11.5 with the base fuel pressure dropped from 50psi to 30 psi

Friday, June 01, 2007 1:43 PM
I'll be putting mine up for sale in a few days. Maybe we can work a package deal. RK header, Polished S/C,all brackets chromed,a set of Volvo 440 injectors,2.8/2.7/2.6 pulley's,Cold Air Intake...

I'll be outta here 'til Monday Morning but you can PM me if interested.

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Saturday, June 02, 2007 8:13 AM
It should be fine.
But don't JUST put the s/c on, you should upgrade your fuel pump, filter, injectors, afpr, so on and so forth.
Otherwise you will fry what you have.
I'm assuming all stock internals?

I'm back from the dead.
Currently Driving: RSX Type-S.
My Cavalier Burnt up :-(
Saturday, June 02, 2007 1:10 PM
Wil Ketchin wrote:It should be fine.
But don't JUST put the s/c on, you should upgrade your fuel pump, filter, injectors, afpr, so on and so forth.
Otherwise you will fry what you have.
I'm assuming all stock internals?

the stock fuel pump is supposed to be fine on with this kit... im putting everything that comes with the kit. i have another motor that i will be rebuilding also, i just wanna put the sc on now and then put it on the built motor next summer

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search