help me.... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help me....
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 4:36 PM
2000 2.4 GMPP s/c cav....when cold start it runs solid and smooth but after it warms up it cuts out at WOT under boost like really bad....i bought the car off ebay for 1200 and i know it had been sitting for a year so i changed the fuel filter and the gas was black when i poured it out of the filter so i put a half a pint of seafoam in the gas tank and still no luck. So my dad tried to blow gas thru the old filter and it wouldnt come out the other end...so we came to the determination that the lack of filter changes has burn up the fuel pump....but i just wanted to get some more opinions before i shell out another 300 bux for a fckin sending unit.....

9.6--1/8 mile @ 5 psi

Re: help me....
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 7:21 PM
I would replace your injectors first. Your fuel pump should also be replaced if it is as bad as you say. I would try the injectors first and see that helps.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Re: help me....
Thursday, May 31, 2007 5:18 AM
the injectors were 4 brand new ones.... my dad hooked up his scan tool and all 4 injectors were operating normally,,,, ive changed the idi cover, throttle body, plugs, supercharger o-rings. I am pretty sure that the pump burnt up but my question is : Do i have to buy the whole sending unit or can i buy the blazer pump and swap it for the bad pump?

9.6--1/8 mile @ 5 psi
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search