my boosted 2200 and some pics - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my boosted 2200 and some pics
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 9:36 PM
here are a couple pics of my 2200 boosted , i took a slightly different approch at it so here it is.

T04E turbo
External waste gate. atmosphere dumped
FMIC
Ford Brown top injectors
FPR removed factory and taped fuel rail for return line to new FPR
APEXI NEO
2.5 inch downpipe
shortened thermostat neck
relocated Radiator 2 inches forward.
removed hood latch to make room for radiator and used hood pins to anchor hood
AEM UEGO wideband o2.
Slowboy racing oil line kit and turbo exhuast flang.
One crazy ass downpipe which i never hope to have to make again.
battery relocated to trunk 0 gauge run. nice to work at a car audio shop.

trash the install if you want , i have been a honda guy all my life. and i figured i wanted to try something new
currently running 9psi on all stock internals.

Re: my boosted 2200 and some pics
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 9:45 PM
also take note on my awesome air filter. im still trying to shoe horn something in there. so don't knock me on that either
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 12:23 AM
looks nice. could you get some farther away pics? I like the detailed pictures, but one a little farther back would explain a couple things

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 1:20 AM
cool looking setup.

I've always wanted to mount the turbo down instead of up, but with a full length tube mani instead.

I like it, but I would agree about seeing the whole engine bay.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 10:39 AM
That downpipe and 'intake/filter' would have been 100x easier if you had mounted the turbo with the compressor facing towards the driver side like everyone else...

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 10:45 AM
I think you should turn your fmic upside down and cut into your bumper some so that it fits better. Everything else looks good though.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:20 AM
that IC looks mean as hell in that front bumper!!! nice!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:36 AM
well i got some full size pics for you. also i ran the compressor like i did because i didn't want it to look like an abortion under the hood like some of the other setups i have seen with 124 miles of intercooler piping.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:47 AM
Hows it run? Im getting a very similar kit, which was run at 9psi.
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 12:09 PM
it runs real well at 6.5-7 psi. it runs a little lean at 9 but i think thats because i don't have my fuel pressure right. i can adjust with the afc but even if the injectors are bigger and longer pluses don't mean dick if you don't got the fuel pressure.

I mean 9 pounds pulls hard. but i don't think i would drive it there all the time
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 6:36 PM
are your internals buildt up?

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 7:53 PM
sadly enough not yet , i decided today to take it back to 8psi and re-tune it . i think that will be a decent place for it to rest intill i gather all my insides... other than that runs good , just a bit hard on gas
Thursday, May 31, 2007 4:39 AM
its only hard on gas probably because you cant keep your foot off the floor. turbos are actually suppose to help with mog as long as you dont bear down on them all the time....

which is something i would also have a problem with if i was turbo

Thursday, May 31, 2007 11:25 PM
hey were u at carlisle for style and performance. i think i was talking to you at sheetz if so. also nice set up.
Friday, June 01, 2007 6:09 AM
So did you have to move much to fit the turbo in there? I can see the oil dipstick and alternator support being issues, but don't know if there is anything else I should worry about.

Saturday, June 02, 2007 7:23 PM
first of all. i was at carlisle , second off it wasn't too hard to get it shoe horned in there. just had to go at it as a move stuff to make it work outlook. Dipstick sucked to figure out , and i get a decent amount of blowby out of it . alternator support got cleaned out some. but nothing insane. if you mount the turbo with the intake side towards the pass-side. Good luck , it is a super super tight fit. also last night i ran a 15.2 at 93.49 which i was very happy with. do to the fact it was mega humid ran twice , ran wrx the first time he had a @!#$ty launch and i ended up getting him . which i was happy about , second time i ran a saturn Ion Redline . which gave me a pretty good run for my money , but i got him by a car and half.
Saturday, June 02, 2007 7:32 PM
This topic makes me drool!

What did you end up doing with the dipstick? do you have pics?
Saturday, June 02, 2007 7:37 PM
i can take some better pictures when i get a chance. i will get them on as soon as i can. i honestly don't like how my dipstick setup turned out. since its my oil return and my dipstick now. I will take some better pictures hopefully tomorrow night.
Thursday, June 07, 2007 4:47 PM
People love pictures! I really like your setup! It's helping me decide on things with my setup.

I'd have to agree with the others... the compressor should be on the drivers side and you really shouldn't throw a screen mesh over it for a filter. If that turbine sucks it up it's bye bye motor!

Other than that, I really like it!
Thursday, June 07, 2007 5:35 PM
I've seen that many times before on vehicles, I personally believe in at least a @!#$ty KN or something, but screen will keep out hose clamps and screws that want to fall off of something. Looks like a pretty nice setup, intercooler looks a little small.. but hey, if it gets the job done, then you are good to go.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search