2.4 turbo oil feed line pic request - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4 turbo oil feed line pic request
Thursday, October 12, 2006 8:06 PM
I ran my turbo oil feed line myself and well the result was near disaster. The engine survived but there is more oil on it than it. The next time around it will have the oil sensor in it, so I know I am out of oil before I hear my valvetrain calling me a dumbass. Here is the problem. I have a hot side charge pipe rubbing against my line. So far I have got a 60 degree elbow and braided line to fix this. I just do not have any idea where to put the oil sensor. So please post yours. Thanks in advance.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Re: 2.4 turbo oil feed line pic request
Friday, October 13, 2006 12:22 AM
Hey bud... ok see how you have that extension coming out of the block? Get a brass "y" fitting and put the oil sensor in one side and your feed line in the other. 1/4" pipe thread.

And yes braided line is a much better idea than rubber in terms of rubbing, but you have to be careful because A) the oil lines get very hot and B) Braided line will rub through a LOT of stuff given enough time so try to make some clearance.

Good luck.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Friday, October 13, 2006 7:19 AM
Here is a pic of what Chris is talking about, this is his setup out of the car so you can see it better.

Friday, October 13, 2006 1:24 PM
Who needs an oil sensor? Not I.

Friday, October 13, 2006 2:46 PM
[font=arialMine is over the top, and done like that due to space. My FMU actually sits above all that... anyway all that gear holds the oil pressure sender for the PCM, the feed line for the turbo and the electric sender for my Aftermarket oil pressure gauge.

Either way, a Y fitting will do!

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Friday, October 13, 2006 7:18 PM
Thanks I will post some pics of it when I redo it tomoorow.

Saturday, October 14, 2006 9:30 AM
Well I now have the parts and they are about to go on. I bought the parts from a place called maxspeed-motersports.com. The brand is Function 7

I says it comes with an oil restrictor as part of the flange. They state that the hole is 1.6mm but can be drilled out to 5 mm if needed. It looks really small but I think with the oil pressure plus the fact that the oil will be warm it will flow enough.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 1:24 PM
Update

I went to install this line. It turns out it was the wrong line. My garrett turbo does not have that style flange. I wound up having to wait untill Monday and got it from Thompkins Industries. They custom made the hose and it only cost me around 30 bucks. Here are some pics.

The bend is so it will clear the wastegate rod.

There is the finished result. I could not find a Y adaptor if my life depended on it. I wound up giving up on the putting the oil pressure sensor in. There just is not enough room with the pipe snaked in thru there.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 7:10 PM
You don't need the stock sensor. It's a simple one-wire design that only tells you a problem when it's essentially too late. Run a gauge instead.

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Friday, October 20, 2006 7:27 AM
Whoa! That feed line is awesome! Where can I find Thompkins Industries? Is that a website or something? I cant seem to find the right size braided line anywhere around here...

Friday, October 20, 2006 7:42 AM
Thomkins Industries is a place here in Des Moines IA. There might be one near you. They are on the web at stockmeup.com The phone # for the place I one I went to is 515-266-1161 I think they will ship but if not I can pick it for you and ship it Next Day Air for free.

Monday, October 23, 2006 1:36 PM
Okay sweet. I cant seem to find any nearby so I might take you up on that offer...let me check around here once more and If I still cant find anything I'll prolly shoot you an e-mail.

Monday, October 23, 2006 2:04 PM
What size line is that.....it looked like you used 3/16" aluminum brake line...in that case you can you could just use a -3an SS line and get em for like $14.00 or so
Monday, October 23, 2006 9:30 PM
It is 1/4 inch brake line. They mated the other end of the brake line to the braided hose.

A line that just went straight down into the turbo would not work becuase I need the 90 degree bends in order to clear the wastegate.

Sunday, April 01, 2007 9:19 PM
Back from the dead.....Where can I find the fitting to thread in where my oil pressure sensor was?

Monday, April 02, 2007 12:32 PM
They sell it at any harware strore. It will be in with the galvanized piping. You are looking for a 1/4 inch NPT pipe. This is the size the head is threaded with so it will just screw right in. Be sure and use some teflon tape just to make sure there are no leaks. Good Luck.

Monday, April 02, 2007 12:35 PM
Awesome, Thanks man

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search