Erratic idle due to fuel air radio - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Erratic idle due to fuel air radio
Monday, October 16, 2006 7:26 AM
I have a 2000 cavalier 2.4L with a GM supercharger on it. I was running fine until one day it started bucking like crazy driving at 20mph or so. I turned it off for the night in a parking lot then came a got it the next day. It drove home ok but the check engine light came on for code P0133 I believe. I cleared the code and made sure my collector was sealed because I had a leak in it. I also replaced the front O2 sensor. (rear last year) the code never came back but my idle is all messed up. When I start the car it is ok a little high on the idle thought 1700 or so. Then the fuel gets really lean and stalls if I don’t gas the engine a little. After is warms up a little it hold an idle but the problem is it ranges from 1300-1100 instead of 800 like it use to. Also if you watch my air/ fuel ratio it goes lean and the idle drops and then rich and the idle goes up about every 2 sec. When I drive the it goes lean to rich back and forth very quickly so it seams like it driving ok but watching that you can tell it is way wrong. Also when im driving I put the clutch in and let off the gas and the car goes rich and the rps stick wherever it was and very slowly goes back down to idle and 5-10 sec depending on the rpm I was at when I let off of it.

The car as I said has a GM 2.4L supercharger on it running the 5-7 psi it comes with GM part # 12498660
It has a full exhaust pacesetter header, high flow cat, and 2.5 exhaust. with baffles
Stock fuel setup other than injectors

Main question is how to get the air and fuel to be ok again....
Car domain page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/809719

Video on myspace you can see the air fuel meter moving as the idle changes http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1296135065

Re: Erratic idle due to fuel air radio
Monday, October 16, 2006 8:42 AM
Double posting is bad....mmmmmmmmmmmmK

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, October 16, 2006 8:49 AM
It sounds almost like you adjusted the idle position of the throttle body. But seeing as how you didn't, I have no idea.

So I'll bump this post for you.

Monday, October 16, 2006 8:52 AM
Might be a shot in the dark, but after watching your video. I would pull your plugs and see if one is excellively lean or rich. Maybe a fuel injector is getting a weird signal and spraying fuel at the wrong time. I'd check your connections to the fuel injectors, and check your plugs for any differences.

How old are the fuel injectors?

Monday, October 16, 2006 9:10 AM
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:Double posting is bad....mmmmmmmmmmmmK

Monday, October 16, 2006 9:30 AM
where can I get my fuel air radio?

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, October 16, 2006 9:34 AM
^that is what i was thinking...and to think I'm still messing around with my Pioneer! -Wow, i must be behind on my car stereo knowledge
Monday, October 16, 2006 9:56 AM
The fuel injectors and plugs were new from this spring 2006 when i installed them with the supercharger.
Monday, October 16, 2006 10:16 AM
Joshua Dearman wrote:^that is what i was thinking...and to think I'm still messing around with my Pioneer! -Wow, i must be behind on my car stereo knowledge

i think he meant ratio, lol

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Monday, October 16, 2006 11:39 AM
In that case man, I would recheck everything that went with installing your supercharger. Plugs, wires, injectors, vacuum lines, make sure your intake manifold bolts aren't loose, anything you can think of. It's not a tuning issue because it's been working fine up until now.

Try all those, then come back and tell us how it's running.

Monday, October 16, 2006 12:16 PM
would the fuel pressure regulation cause any problems if it was some how clogged or be getting old i want to replace it with one that can handle the boost reference but not sure what to buy. also would a fuel managment unit like the
A'PEX S-AFCII help me out with my fuel delivery??

Monday, October 16, 2006 12:33 PM
well since a mod deleted the wrong 1 of your posts , lol

at idle the a/f gauge should bounce all over the place

on my wideband my idle a/f ratio ranged from high 13's to high 15's , and is normal , on a narrow band gauge , youll see the lights going all over , at idle and going down the road

my recomendation is to check the tb and clean it and the iac passage , best is to pull it off and clean it

and check for vacuum leaks

Monday, October 16, 2006 1:09 PM
Acer wrote:
Joshua Dearman wrote:^that is what i was thinking...and to think I'm still messing around with my Pioneer! -Wow, i must be behind on my car stereo knowledge

i think he meant ratio, lol

Obviously.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search