hp supercharger - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hp supercharger
Friday, October 13, 2006 10:24 AM
how much hp will i get from a supercharger with on mods done to the inside

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Re: hp supercharger
Friday, October 13, 2006 11:49 AM
489hp...

No clue..do it and dyno it..
Friday, October 13, 2006 12:30 PM
Philly D wrote:489hp...

No clue..do it and dyno it..

Okay, that's just crap. You need to shut the hell up and try to be more helpful than that. GM has already posted this number before, I believe they said somewhere about 40 or 50 horses.

Friday, October 13, 2006 12:57 PM
Ok, before this whole thread gets blown up and locked, let us start with the basic info we have.

Car: 05 Eco 2.2
Mods: Intake
Trans: Auto
Question: What gains can be expected with a supercharger on this vehicle with no other internal engine modification.

My input:
There is a ton of info in the fourms regarding how much, how little, how expensive a supercharger will/can be for an Eco. I'd reccomend a GM supercharger, HPTuners (can be found fully explained in the Tuning Forum as well as their website), proper injectors, alcohol cooling injection and ALOT of studying. Also, just try to use your "budget" and formulate a gameplan for what Mods you'd want to do and that should guide you in the right direction as far as squeezing potential power from your car without internals and give you an idea of a route to choose. I'd say, get a charger, HPTune it with some injectors and you'll love it....until you get used to it, then it starts all over again.

Anyway, that's my ramble for the day and I wish you luck.

Friday, October 13, 2006 7:47 PM
it was a joke relax.....nobody can give a proper number out of the hat..i could be aliar and say oh in the area of 200-225 but then id be lying....damn people need to lighten up just a tad....phil
Friday, October 13, 2006 11:44 PM
^ agreed, I'm just trying to mediate for a change!

Saturday, October 14, 2006 2:45 PM
hey OP, nice sig

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Saturday, October 14, 2006 7:19 PM
Anthony,

Just FYI, keep in mind there are many external mods that help when adding a supercharger. I added a GM S/C and quickly found myself adding headers, exhaust, etc.

While I don't have dyno stats without inside mods, I can tell you it is a very noticeable difference.

Good luck with what you decide to do.

Don

Monday, October 16, 2006 5:17 PM
yep

this 205 was with header and full 2.5 exhaust with a dynomax turbo muffler

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search