2.3 HO intake manafold - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.3 HO intake manafold
Thursday, October 05, 2006 11:32 PM
I have searched and search and can't find what i'm looking for so forgive me if this has been asked and answered. I am researching the 2.3 HO intake manafold i hear about. What is the benefit of this? And i mean i assume it flows better but it seems it would heat soak. So i am trying to see if it is really worth doing and if so why.

thanks

Kris Bloom
Street Challenge
http://www.streetchallenge.info
Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/projectz/ <--- The Cav

Re: 2.3 HO intake manafold
Friday, October 06, 2006 2:11 AM
it can be argued either way.

The manifold. at least the HO manifold. Was designed to compliment the higher NA power of the quad motor, when it was still the beefcake of a 4 cylinder that it was. From what I'm told, the log style is actually pretty good for NA power but you will sacrifice some low end torque. Most of the people who really like it. have it on a turbocharged setup.

I enjoyed it myself. I had it for about a year and a half while I was getting ready for the supercharger. You don't have much to lose really, stick with the 56mm tb combo and you'll have a decent sounding car with perhaps a small boost. Heat soak isn't really that much of an issue if you're moving anyways...

Friday, October 06, 2006 9:17 AM
Yea, so it is a big inporivement in boosted applications? Cause mine is boosted and prety much fully built

Kris Bloom
Street Challenge
http://www.streetchallenge.info
Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/projectz/ <--- The Cav
Tuesday, October 10, 2006 2:13 PM
Yeah its a big improvement! I love Mine, it's just NA for now but I thought it really made a nice impovement, it does tend to heat-soak in hot weather when just sitting in traffic but once you start moving it cools right off. I'm soon to be boosted and from everything I've heard It does excellent with boost. Since It works better for NA with bigger runners and better flow, It only makes sense that it would for turbo too...

Thursday, October 12, 2006 5:36 PM
......... well im shure the manafold helped to make the 180 hp that an HO had.

ask speedRCR z, his 2.4 with a HO intake and a quad oil pump walks on my GTZ

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search