Turbo question - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbo question
Friday, October 06, 2006 7:29 AM
Hows every1 doing 2day??

Alright I have a 03 cavalier and Im looking towards getting a turbo kit but I dont know what all I need. I was looking on "sportcompactonly.com" and I saw one for $3200.00. It seemed to have everything that I would need to set it up. But I heard that you couldnt just put a turbo into a car by itself or else it could ruin your car. Is this true???? Well again my basic question was "what all do I need to get in order to set up a turbo kit into my cavy????

Re: Turbo question
Friday, October 06, 2006 7:37 AM
If it is a "kit", then it should come with everything you need for it to work properly.

What is the name of the kit?

I seem to remember Hahn's kit being on that site. If so, buy it and you're golden.

As for just putting a turbo on your car and ruining it....you will if you don't do the proper fuel upgrades. Injectors, and a fuel management system. Any kit should come with these two things.

Set aside a couple of days at least for the install.

Happy Turboing.

Friday, October 06, 2006 8:59 AM
Shoot me an email. I can get the HRC kits too.

I can also help you install it. I have it on my car and have gone mid 12s with it

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, October 09, 2006 9:08 AM
yeah the one you were looking at will be great for your car. hahn racecrafts kit is easy to use.
Monday, October 09, 2006 4:48 PM
Yea that is the one that Im talking about the Hahn Racecraft Turbo Kit and yea it comes with everything to install the turbo, but the main question that I was really asking was, is there anything else that I may need such as, fuel injectors, bigger exhaust, etc.........
Tuesday, October 10, 2006 7:14 AM
the hahn stage 2 kit comes with a basic fuel solution (injectors, FMU, intercooler) it does not come with an exhaust system obviously, so that is something you will have to look into. it also does not come with any gauges so you will want to look into getting at least a boost gauge to keep an eye on things.
Tuesday, October 10, 2006 7:52 AM
The HRC Stage 2 kit is the most complete kit on the market. It is the only kit that comes with every part needed to get your car boosted and running from what I've seen. As said you'll need gauges and you might want an exhaust but the kit gives you everything to get the car running with boost.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search