NATES CUSTOM TOP FEED CONVERSION - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NATES CUSTOM TOP FEED CONVERSION
Thursday, October 05, 2006 11:16 AM
Well here are the pics. I cant write alot about it right now because i have to go to work ill write more later...

NO SPACERRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the one that i just made and am going to install when i get my adjustable FPR.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Re: NATES CUSTOM TOP FEED CONVERSION
Thursday, October 05, 2006 11:20 AM
nice idea but i'm almost positive the way you have it set-up won't pass any intelligent tech at the track.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 11:29 AM
you crackhead. Might work okay for an NA motor, but any boost or a nitrous backfire will blow those injectors right out...and then your car is on fire

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Thursday, October 05, 2006 12:13 PM
that doesn't look safe to me

Thursday, October 05, 2006 12:23 PM
id be worried about those hoses cracking or somehting

I may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
Thursday, October 05, 2006 12:58 PM
wow! That set up takes some serious guts!! lol, i would be scared to start the car

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Thursday, October 05, 2006 1:45 PM
omg don't do it, there is soooo much wrong with that. Those lines will in no way hold the pressure nitrous sprays at and im not sure those injectors will stay in for long either. That setup requires hardline like a direct port and tapped manifold man.

"Horsepower is the Ultimate Accessory"
Thursday, October 05, 2006 1:50 PM
why would it not hold pressure? it looks like fuel line to me...... but i prolly wouldn't do it that way myself. how are those injectors securely mounted??
Thursday, October 05, 2006 4:09 PM
I don't have a problem with using fuel line (hey, it's called 'fuel' line for a reason lol), and he's not running nitrous through those lines Jimmy.
It's the fact that there's nothing solid holding the injectors in position that has me worried.

fortune cookie say:
Thursday, October 05, 2006 4:14 PM
OMG...........................................only on a j-body....................................
Thursday, October 05, 2006 4:17 PM
Hey, Russ is here, party. You still have your LN2?

fortune cookie say:

Thursday, October 05, 2006 4:49 PM
^^ Wow i haven't seen that name in a long time.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 5:54 PM
nope....woke up one day, figured what the hell am i doing???!!?!?!?!!

parted it out...still have the motor though......bought a 67 firebird, to turn into a "resto mod", and a 92 GTA. I've developed a real LOVE for the LSX's
Thursday, October 05, 2006 6:05 PM
So, are you going to tell us what you did to that motor now?
I don't blame you on the SBCs, just a little more potential there lol.

fortune cookie say:
Thursday, October 05, 2006 6:34 PM
the injectors are just temporaraly in there there going to be jb welded in

Thursday, October 05, 2006 8:19 PM
make a plate to hold them down or something...jbweld will break over time.....
Thursday, October 05, 2006 9:35 PM
this place is a giant hill of @!#$. people throw a litlle and that gets it started and people just squat and wait for it to pass by.

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Thursday, October 05, 2006 10:22 PM
pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease make a bracket to hold them in. dont jb weld them. spend an extra 20 bux, and do it right.............................
Friday, October 06, 2006 4:05 AM
Yeah, I agree with Russ.

It's a novel solution, and not bad either. But even the OEM injectors have a retaining plate to hold them in. Mount the fuel rail securely (I'm sure you're planning to do that) and put a little clip on each section of hose from rail to injector if you can, and the setup should be fairly stable. I've checked with the Oracle, and it says "Bad things to come with JBWeld holding injectors in." The gods of fire and destruction thought it was a nice idea, though.

You might even be able to use the OE injector retainer with some mods.

And a small history lesson for a few others. Many Euro cars reliably used injectors with hoses attached to the top instead of a rail.

-->Slow
Friday, October 06, 2006 5:44 AM
Dont jbweld them in. Think of it this way... You're injector fails, what do you do now?

Friday, October 06, 2006 7:31 AM
slowolej wrote:Yeah, I agree with Russ.

It's a novel solution, and not bad either. But even the OEM injectors have a retaining plate to hold them in. Mount the fuel rail securely (I'm sure you're planning to do that) and put a little clip on each section of hose from rail to injector if you can, and the setup should be fairly stable. I've checked with the Oracle, and it says "Bad things to come with JBWeld holding injectors in." The gods of fire and destruction thought it was a nice idea, though.

You might even be able to use the OE injector retainer with some mods.

And a small history lesson for a few others. Many Euro cars reliably used injectors with hoses attached to the top instead of a rail.

-->Slow

exactly.....its not the hose thats scary....its the way its connected. not just asking, but BEGGING for a fire......

Friday, October 06, 2006 10:26 AM
I'd grab a fire extinguisher before driving too far with that setup.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Friday, October 06, 2006 8:06 PM
its all temp. i just was happy to see that it all worked...

Saturday, October 07, 2006 7:22 AM
Nitrous Nate wrote:its all temp. i just was happy to see that it all worked...

Please like everyone else said, secure the injectors in the manifold before they pop out. I've seen injectors pop out of a manifold when i was dping some testing with my setup removed from the manifold. I had the injectors spraying into the air to test spray pattern, and one would always pop out after like 3 seconds! So, please secure those. They are probably at the limit of that red silicone looking stuff that is holding it in there. Also, why JB Weld, what if you wanted to upgrade injectors in a few years.?

Saturday, October 07, 2006 10:31 PM
i actually have 3 intake manifolds lol all bored out and ready for top feed so jb weld is not a problem... just swap all of them in out...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search