injector swap question - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
injector swap question
Wednesday, September 27, 2006 12:40 PM
My 2200 in my 1999 sunfire just went up in smoke caused by bad tuning. neways, i bought the same engine but it was in a 2000 cavalier. I took off the fuel rail cover and noticed that the injectors look different in the 2000 engine than the stock ones that used to be in my 1999. my question is will my 30lb/hr red tops switch over to this new engine??

Re: injector swap question
Wednesday, September 27, 2006 2:05 PM
bad tuning??? Please explain........ YOu can use the 30# injectors, but you have to change the connectors... How are you "tuning" your car???

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 3:50 PM
It was my own stupid fault. I waited too long to get my wideband so i was basically trying to get it somewhat close by using a pocket logger and the safc-2, even though its impossible to tune that way.
Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:46 PM
the injectors are likely high imp, and yours are low. either use your stock injectors (and all your stock sensors) or get a resistor box from a honda and then you can use those injectors.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search