pistons - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
pistons
Wednesday, September 27, 2006 3:32 PM
Has anyone use a hypereutectic piston in a mildly boosted application? On very tight budget and wondering if they would be a good upgrade over the stock pistons!

Re: pistons
Wednesday, September 27, 2006 4:32 PM
Use the stock piston other than using the hypereutetic unless you are rebuilding the engine. but in that case wait and spend the money to do it once. Doing it twice will cost you more than what a set of forged pistons will cost you.

Both (stock or Hyper) will be damaged by detonation.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:50 PM
just spend the extra 400 and get wiseco when it is all apart. You will be very happy in the long run.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 6:09 PM
I agree, you dont want to have to switch later down the road and spend more, if your gonna rebuild it, go forged. At least then you wont have anything to worry about. I dunno, it seems pretty pointless to put in mildly stronger pistons in, when its gonna be the first thing that breaks (I know from experience thank you) and they're are stronger ones available, why skimp out? Save up and build it right.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search