jbp 2.2 ln2 turbo kit - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
jbp 2.2 ln2 turbo kit
Tuesday, September 26, 2006 9:03 PM
looking into running a turbo on my ln2 but stuck between a couple of kits, i have heard a lot of good about the hahn kit but not too much about the kit from jbody performance is it any good

Re: jbp 2.2 ln2 turbo kit
Tuesday, September 26, 2006 9:11 PM
ehh who knows lol!

Are there any limitations on you doing your own kit? I'd rather take that route unless you like things done the easy way! If so, I'd just go with jtuners (if they're still around) or Hahn!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 7:33 AM
i just don't know that much at the individual parts in the kit to really know what's good
Wednesday, September 27, 2006 7:49 AM
ahh I see! Well in light of recent purchases and problems over the last year or two I can't 100% gurantee anything from JBP to you. Hahn or Jtuners for now!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 9:11 AM
Not trying to be a jerk.

But do yourself a favor - Learn everything you can about a power adder like a turbo before putting one on your car.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 9:27 AM
HRC FTW! Of course I am just SLIGHTLY partial.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Wednesday, September 27, 2006 11:20 AM
if i had to choose a kit, which i wouldnt, but if i did, i would choose the hahn kit because a lot of people have it and there are more people out there to help you with any kit specific problems/upgrades

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Wednesday, September 27, 2006 11:24 AM
Only slightly and currently jtuners is making kits in groups of 5 only. Read the little disclaimer on their main site. Read revised conditions

http://www.jtuners.com/shipping.php

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 11:28 AM
Since JBP released the LN2 turbo kit, I haven't seen a single review on this website. I'm not sure if anyone even owns it, but no one has shared. It seems a little costly; although it is a compete kit, its only a t28 turbo...which I'm sure anyone on here will tell you is undersized...even for a lawnmower...

Sunday, October 01, 2006 5:19 PM
jtuners has some decent dyno numbers

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 10:39 AM
can anyone give me the website for hahn ? i would really like to look into their kit for my 2.2 OHV the jtuners kits sounds pretty good too but read more on their kit its says they had more mods than just a stock J and their basic kit the also had Injectors, fuel press. reg., and their intercooler just to name a few. also keep in mind anyone who want to do a turbo the right way will want to have at least an air / fuel gauge to stay tuned but it would be good to also have EGT and oil pressure. It also would be a good idea that if even if you have this stuff that you know what your reading and looking for on the gauges otherwise their useless. not to be harsh. if theirs one thing I mentioned that I would say you dont need is EGT but thats just me.

'99 2.2 OHV w/3spd auto (work in progress)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2322134

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 11:05 AM
Here you go. HRC's site. A simple google search would have given it to you though.....

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Tuesday, October 03, 2006 12:01 PM
i wouldn't buy anything from JBP...

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 7:39 AM
JBP, J-Tuners, unfortunately it's a risk either way. Buy one from JBP, who knows what you'll end up going through given the complaints from them - I can't defend the claims since i never did business with them, but after all the ish that's been talked about around here, that's enough reason not to. And with J-Tuners, like already said, they only make htem in groups of five. So unless you buy five kits or get four friends to also buy the kit, who knows how long you'll wait before getting one delivered. By that time you could learn everything you need to know about how a system works and build your own. Or you can get the Hahn kit. More expensive, but all the work is done for you and all you have to do is install it.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 7:49 AM
I had no idea that Mev (JBP) even sold turbo kits.. interesting.

I've had my entire motor assembled and built by him. I can say his work is a bit slow but it's top notch. I know others have had a bad experience with him but mine has been positive so far save for the timeline.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Wednesday, October 04, 2006 8:05 AM
SweetnessGT wrote:I had no idea that Mev (JBP) even sold turbo kits.. interesting.

I've had my entire motor assembled and built by him. I can say his work is a bit slow but it's top notch. I know others have had a bad experience with him but mine has been positive so far save for the timeline.

-Chris-

Yea, I've searched on here and all that comes up is questions on JBP's LN2 kit. It seems no one here has it, or has not listed it in their profile, or just refuses to share .
Regardless, WRT the ad, it looks like a complete kit, and except for the price and the smallish turbocharger that comes with it, it doesn't really look like a bad place to start.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search