Broke last fitting installing turbo - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Broke last fitting installing turbo
Friday, September 22, 2006 8:02 PM
So I've been piecing my turbo kit together for about 2 years now. I finally got pretty much everything installed enough to start the car and admire my acomplishment :-) Well I prime the oil line by pulling the fuel relay and disconnecting the harness going to the ignition module and turning the car over for 30 seconds. Just to make sure the turbo is getting oil I figure I will unscrew the oil feed line from the flange on the turbo and see if oil is reaching it. Once finding oil was getting there I attempted to reinstall the feed line onto the flange................................................than the flange broke!!!!! The last freaking thing to keep me from starting the car and it happens. I find the irony almost amussing, but I'm a little bummed. I could have been something alot worse though so I consider mysefl somewhat fortunate.

So if you think your the only one with dumb luck trust me your not!!!!

200 wheelhorse or bust

Re: Broke last fitting installing turbo
Friday, September 22, 2006 8:29 PM
that sucks sorry to hear...its usually something stupid that happens last minute. try finding one locallly or over nighting one from ATP or something, i want to see you hit your 200whp

Friday, September 22, 2006 8:45 PM
Man that blows donkeys...I'm with Ryan ^ overnite that part man we need some more turbo ohv pride! keep us updated.

Saturday, September 23, 2006 12:11 AM
happened to me to. i overnighted some the 1/8 fitting from atp, and got my car running the next day. great stuff.
Saturday, September 23, 2006 6:12 AM
sounds like someone has an ebay return flange... sucks man, was it getting oil? that would be a plus side.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Saturday, September 23, 2006 10:02 AM
ge_forcez22 wrote:sounds like someone has an ebay return flange... sucks man, was it getting oil? that would be a plus side.

^^ your right no both accounts, it was getting oil and it was an ebay flange. I'm not too bummed, the car isn't registered or insured so its not like I would be able to drive it anyways.

200 wheelhorse or bust
Saturday, September 23, 2006 10:03 AM
"your right no both accounts" should read "your right on both accounts" forgot to proofread

200 wheelhorse or bust
Saturday, September 23, 2006 10:07 AM
and we are both too cheap/don't post enough, to need premium.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Saturday, September 23, 2006 11:25 PM
ge_forcez22 wrote:and we are both too cheap/don't post enough, to need premium.

I just meant you were correct with both your statments about the ebay flange being cheap and making sure the turbo was getting oil

So the update is I just bought an adapter and instead of using a flange I'm just going to use the threads that are already machined in the turbo. That way I don't have to worry as much about breaking another cheap flange.

200 wheelhorse or bust
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search