2.4 GM SC dyno results - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4 GM SC dyno results
Thursday, September 21, 2006 8:21 PM

Here is my setup
GM SC with stock size 2.8 size pulley
56mm throttle body
HP Tuners tuned by shifted
and my custom CAI

Engine is otherwise completely stock including the stock exhuast.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Re: 2.4 GM SC dyno results
Thursday, September 21, 2006 8:27 PM
thats not shabby at all, congrats

where bouts you located?

shifted, you want a s/c ecu to screw around with?

Thursday, September 21, 2006 10:00 PM
Very impressive. Good job guys.

Thursday, September 21, 2006 10:13 PM

Really?
Major congratulations. Very impressive.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, September 21, 2006 10:25 PM
WOW man, HP Tuners made the huge difference eh ?

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Thursday, September 21, 2006 10:59 PM
like i had said way back, when every one said it was imposible to make any decent hp numbers with this s/c'er kit ... 2.4L, GM supercharger, 2.6" pulley and alcohol injection with a few other small things like an intake/header and exhaust with a proper HP tuner tune and i can see easly 230-240whp from this kit...

very nice

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Thursday, September 21, 2006 11:12 PM
Josh F wrote:like i had said way back, when every one said it was imposible to make any decent hp numbers with this s/c'er kit ... 2.4L, GM supercharger, 2.6" pulley and alcohol injection with a few other small things like an intake/header and exhaust with a proper HP tuner tune and i can see easly 230-240whp from this kit...

very nice

we shall soon see won't we josh

Thursday, September 21, 2006 11:17 PM
WOW. Hptuners is definitely on my list now. And A LOT of reading about it.

congrats on the numbers man.

'00 Grand Am 2.4L LD9
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/816505
Thursday, September 21, 2006 11:45 PM
Congrats on the numbers man, I used to list my s/c times on here awhile back until no one beleived me and I decided it wasnt worth my time to listen to bs. I know the potential of the gm s/c but i'm very impressed with your numbers on a basically stock setup. Is there a plan in the future though to get your air fuel numbers more consistent and not quite as rich. Most of your rpm range i see the afr in the 10's that should leave alot more room for improvement, I'm currently running pretty consistent 12.0-12.2 afr up to 6800 rpms.

"Horsepower is the Ultimate Accessory"
Friday, September 22, 2006 7:47 AM
Josh F wrote:like i had said way back, when every one said it was imposible to make any decent hp numbers with this s/c'er kit ... 2.4L, GM supercharger, 2.6" pulley and alcohol injection with a few other small things like an intake/header and exhaust with a proper HP tuner tune and i can see easly 230-240whp from this kit...

very nice

I agree. I have always said the GM kit pulled too much timing.

The numbers are awesome!!! I love the 175 ft lbs of tq at 2800 RPMS!!!! Also the tq is at it's highest at 6200 RPMS, that is sweet as well!!! Great job. I also agree lean it out a little for some more power.

FU Tuning

Friday, September 22, 2006 8:00 AM
couple of questions...

1) your afr is sitting around the 10.5 mark for a good portion, were you throwing some wild timing at it?
2) I see that you made really good power up to 7200rpm, what mods do you have to support that speed?

I am not trying to start a fight, those are really good numbers, and am kinda curious.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Friday, September 22, 2006 8:01 AM
LAFNGAS wrote:thats not shabby at all, congrats

where bouts you located?

shifted, you want a s/c ecu to screw around with?

I am located in Des Moines Iowa.

Josh F I thought I had an intake? I am going to be putting on a 2.6 pulley soon. After that alky, full exhaust, secret cams. Get it tuned to around 12 AFR. I hope to be able to get 250 WHP then.

jimmyc99z24 I wanted it to run rich so I would be able to swap to a 2.6 pulley and not run lean. I am thinking that swapping to the 2.6 pulley will put me at about 12 AFR. We will see though. I will get dyno and AFR #s as soon as I put it on. I can only imagine what WHP #s would be if I was at an AFRof 12 now.

Please post your feel free to post your 2.4 SC hp #s, good or bad and of course list what mods got you there.

I am thrilled with what HP tuners and shifted has done for my car.

Does anyone have a 2.6 pulley for sale? I have only heard of quick change setups but a press on is good enough for me. I just do not know where to buy a press on. I might go to a local machine shop and have them make me one or more if there is interest. It should not cost anywhere near $150.00 just to make a simple pulley.

Friday, September 22, 2006 8:15 AM
I have no mods to support using a 7 grand redline. I just ran it till the 7 grand limeter on this dyno run just to see what the numbers would look like that high in the RPM range. I always shift at 6500. I just dont want to clip the rev limeter when making a 1/4 mile pass. When I pull the moter and build it I will do a 2.3 oil pump swap.

I have the AFR set like that to accomadate a 2.6 pulley. Shifted would have to aswer all technical ?s since he tuned it not me. Dont worry I would ask the same ?s if I were you.

Friday, September 22, 2006 8:22 AM
so pretty much the oil pump is the only thing keeping you down?

reasons I ask are, that I have the 2.3 pump, rods, pistons, blah blah blah, and it is fully balanced. I have the stock red line and I rarely bring it up that high, I always thought that valvetrain was a huge issue at that rpm... hmmm. With my setup my car really likes to pull hard about 5500 rpm, but I usually shift around the 6000 mark.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Friday, September 22, 2006 8:25 AM
dam you wade!!! makes me want my sc kit back u bastard!

and YES...to everybody with any amount of doubt on these numbers...
i can vouch for his lack of supporting mods...ALL he has is the 56mm TB and the custom CAI

STOCK EXHUAST- ive seen it.

hehe...when u buyin my header wade?

Black 97' Z24
Blacked Out and Lovin' It...
"Z Yaaaa"
Friday, September 22, 2006 8:28 AM
Very nice #'s! I'd be very interested to see what an HPtuned setup running a better AFR would put down. Looks like there may be more potential in the 2.4 GMSC setup than many people thought.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Friday, September 22, 2006 9:39 AM
damn dude. ive got a few more mods than you do... but i only put down 173hp and 166tq. i need to get my hands on hptuner. damn

Friday, September 22, 2006 9:56 AM
ge_forcez22 wrote:so pretty much the oil pump is the only thing keeping you down?

reasons I ask are, that I have the 2.3 pump, rods, pistons, blah blah blah, and it is fully balanced. I have the stock red line and I rarely bring it up that high, I always thought that valvetrain was a huge issue at that rpm... hmmm. With my setup my car really likes to pull hard about 5500 rpm, but I usually shift around the 6000 mark.

I do not know anything about the limitations of the stock valvetrain. I have heard number of times that the weak spot, even on stock 2.4s is the rod bearings lack of oil.

Bigtemps What mods do you have.

I am considering swapping the PCM out with one with the gm reflash. Then dynoing just to see the difference. I have a spare PCM but it does not have the gm reflash. I would need to ship it to someone to put the gm reflash on it then get it shipped back then remove my bumper and install it then pay the dyno shop. I dont feel like spending the time or the cost just to see the difference.

Friday, September 22, 2006 12:53 PM
nice #'s

Friday, September 22, 2006 1:14 PM
nice #'s , not really digging the waves

when i dyno'd mine the hp and tq were flater , and very smoothe

have you had it at the track yet ?

Friday, September 22, 2006 1:20 PM
Damn...HPTuners really made that kinda difference?

Maybe there is hope for my car....

Friday, September 22, 2006 1:41 PM
So wait, did you trick the 2 bar map with the HP Tuners?

Friday, September 22, 2006 1:42 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]nice #'s , not really digging the waves

when i dyno'd mine the hp and tq were flater , and very smoothe

have you had it at the track yet ?

So what do I need to do to make it smoother?
What did you dyno at and with what mods?
I only got 1 run with it and it was a 15.1. My wife had just run it twice less than15 min before I ran it. I dont have alky and it just felt heetsoaked. I know I could do better.

Friday, September 22, 2006 1:45 PM
dyno looked pretty good...... HPT works pretty damn good.

looks like Ron did a great job on the reflash.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, September 22, 2006 1:45 PM
sunfiresam wrote:So wait, did you trick the 2 bar map with the HP Tuners?

I am not quite sure what you are asking. I am running the 2 bar map sensor that comes with the kit.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search